New training and diving site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terrapinken

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:lotsalove:Y-kiki Divers is proud to announce the "Dive Stop" A new/old training site in New Melle, Mo. The ball is rolling and Dive Stop plans to be open by spring. Details coming as soon as I can get them to you. This quarry used to be used as a training site. It has almost 5 diveable acres and is 62 feet deep. Items to dive on include: A 32 ft cabin cruiser. 2 cars. 2 trucks. A 16ft open bow boat. A training platform at 20 feet. More to come. Lots of fish and 20 feet of viz last month.
MySpace.com - Dive Stop - 44 - Male - New Melle, Missouri - www.myspace.com/divestop

This will be a great addition for divers located in the St. Louis area. Does anyone have the address of the quarry as I dove a quarry in that area about 14 years ago when I was first certified?

Sounds Awesome to me.... I cant wait to check it out....

Please keep the details coming, I will be interested in the opening date, Amenities, and cost, all that good stuff....

Thanks
Phil

Yes Pat....Leave Florida and come dive our quarry!!! It would be great to see you again. Kenny

This will be a great addition for divers located in the St. Louis area. Does anyone have the address of the quarry as I dove a quarry in that area about 14 years ago when I was first certified?

Not exactly an address but;

38degrees43'58.59" north

90degrees52'36.91" west

Thanks for the info Steve. This the same site that I dove back in 1994. Back then it was very basic and had little to see. Can't wait to see how it looks now.

So does Y-Kiki own the quarry now, or are they just moving their training there? If they own it I am sure that they will do it up right.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom