New (tech) Black Sea wreck dive site to open in 2023!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tep

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
There's a brand new wreck in the Black Sea that could open in 2023!

45°10'43.39″N, 30°55'30.54″E

Depth is supposedly around 190 ft.

Not being a tech diver, just for grins, could someone help me "plan" a "generic" tech dive for this site?

Figure 200 ft for 30 minutes - how would you plan it?

(For those late to the party... Satellite Image Pinpoints Russian Cruiser Moskva As She Burned - Naval News)

I heard it’s more like 80m to the dirt.

Rb80, 2x lp50s with 16/60, al40 of 50%, al40 of 100%. Scooter. 70m avg, 25min BT, 120min RT.

Sensible.

Figure averaging 175ft depth if it’s upright. Thirty minutes will be about an hour of deco. So on the rebreather, Id bring an 80 of 21/35 one of 50%, and probably a geiger counter just to be safe.
There are conflicting reports that it may or may not have had two warheads.

For those dives, what does the graph look like? I'm trying to explain to non-divers how this is a pretty regular profile.

Thanks - I learn something every time I come to SB.

Dream on, good luck getting anywhere near the thing for a long time.

Now if it is an exercise in " if we could and were allowed", that's worth reading, diving it, forget it.

Dream on, good luck getting anywhere near the thing for a long time.

Now if it is an exercise in " if we could and were allowed", that's worth reading, diving it, forget it.
That is probably true, look up project Azorian….pretty wild stuff

There are conflicting reports that it may or may not have had two warheads.

For those dives, what does the graph look like? I'm trying to explain to non-divers how this is a pretty regular profile.

Thanks - I learn something every time I come to SB.
60m/200ft dives are very common. Most agencies offer Normoxic Trimix courses and their MOD2 rebreather equivalent.

Rule of thumb is 2:1 meaning twice the deco as bottom time. Very doable with open circuit — twin 12 litre backmount with two decompression stages of 50% and 80%. A bottom stage would extend it to 45 mins + 90 mins deco.

Much cheaper and easier on a rebreather.

Have many dives of that profile and deeper booked for this season.

So you're planning to pay for the trip by selling the nuclear warheads in Odesa? I'm suspicious this might be harder to do than it is to write.

I saw one report that it capsized before it went down, so she might upside down on the bottom. Who knows, though. The Russians are probably saying it was intentional and they're reclassifying it as a submarine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom