On the Way to the Dive Site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favorite drive is to two reefs called Othemans and Zetione (sure I butchered the spelling on those). Drive starts with a 30 minute drive on a 5 lane super highway that is absolutely empty 99% of the time. So a great road to chuck some tunes and and hit cruise control and let the world go by. Then the next 40 minutes is pure soft sand and sand dunning to a beach that borders the Saudi Border with Qatar. Its called the inland sea and is a decent couple of reefs. Great drives to and from that site... But do a couple of dives and a redbull or coffee is needed for the drive back as you are nakered

I'm too busy trying to avoid dying while driving to enjoy anything. Libya has the highest death rate in auto accidents in the world (officially). The number 2 country in death rate has half the death rates of Libya. People here drive doing their best the live up to this distinction and not to fall to second place. YES, we invented the idea that there is higher chance to die driving to/from the dive site than actually diving!

Whatever the dive is, it is always superior to the drive to get to/from the dive site in Libya.
wow what are the contributing factors to that?

I struggle getting home every morning from work after a 15 hour overnight shift.. commute to girlfriends house is 35-40 minutes. Commute to my house is an HR to an Hr+15… been numerous times I thought I was ok to go home and woke up plowing the median ….

And I’m usually gassed starting a dive trip

I have an immense hatred of driving. I spent 5 years working on a research ship and never drove once the whole time even while on leave. Been back on land for almost two years and I dread every day I have to get in the car to get anywhere.
The most tolerable drives I have are out to some of the caves here in North Florida. I can take back roads and not see much if any traffic the whole way if I leave early enough.
Yeah. I used to love driving on trips. That is until somewhere around 20 or so years ago when so many drivers decided to be in such a hurry (even though they're just coming to another red light), 80% of them speed (maybe they think it's supposed to be that way like high speed internet and everything else that's so fast) and for some reason about 50% seemed to forget what directionals were for (I took 2 polls on that one summer). Keep in mind I'm in Nova Scotia-- you'd think I was talking about NYC where I grew up. Same thing there, just more A$$holes because more total people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom