New to Diving With Padi questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heatherohio

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All! My husband and I are just beginning our PADI OW course! Looking forward to diving, even in Ohio. :wink: I do have a question regarding the quizzes and final test for our OW classes. Are they multiple choice and are there and sample tests available, especially on the net! My husband would really like to practice. Test taking is not his favorite thing! Thanks!

We're again looking forward to our new underwater adventure!

Thanks for the quick reply... there are no fill in the blank??? If there are "blanks" to be filled in do you utilize the words in the mult. choice answers. Ex. You tend to be more bouyant in _______. A. Freshwater, B. Saltwater, etc..... Thanks!

Welcome to SB.

The test may have some blanks to fill for the section covering dive tables and NDL but if you PRACTICE the groups and do the test review sections in your books you will have no problem.

Best to you both and

Sea ya!

heather, don't worry, it's a basic test. you'll be fine if you study

and yes, i recall it was mostly multiple choice. you have to do some
calculations, but even then they provide you with possible choices.

welcome to the board and to diving

Its very straight forward and very basic. If you miss a few don't sweat it your instructior wants you to pass so he or she will do what it takes to help you with understanding the concept. You'll do fine. You should however, study up and play stump the instructor..........that always gets their blood moving. Happy diving!!!

They’re multiple-guess, er -choice, except for a couple that are matching.
A few of the multiple choice questions are of the fill-in-the-blank type that you describe, heather.

If your husband’s concern is tied to a documented learning disability, some accommodations can be made (for example, oral instead of written tests).

You might want to ask your dive store if they saved any of the old tests that he can use for practice.

Hope things go well.

There are a mix of questions, just like the ones in your materials. Read what you should and fill out the quizzes and knowledge reviews. Writing down the answers helps you remember. Watch the video's too. They help re-inforce what you are learning. By the time of the exam, if you have paid attention, you will ace it.

Another confidence booster.

Look at it this way. Look at all of the divers that you know.... They passed it..... feel better now?:D

You'll be fine. You'll probably wonder why the testing is so easy, but in my class - it was more like reinforced-teaching. I've known some who had to re-do the diving part, but I don't know anyone who failed the written. Or they're not telling... :wink:

:cowboy2: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom