New to Diving With Padi questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No one flunks, don't worry about it :) Just know the info and the info is simple.

Welcome, the questions are almost identical to the reviews in the book...

good luck and enjoy your class. Not sure where you are doing your open water dives but, I dove Gilboa this fall really nice quarry.

Just make sure you know how to use the table. As I recall, there are about 10 questions on calculating NDL and of those 10 (estimate, could be more) there was an emphasis on repetitive dives (pressure groups, NDL). They ask you the questions from different angles so you need to understand how to use the table.

I did my training while on vacation in a tropical paradise resort. I read the book about an hour each night and made sure I understood how to use the table. It comes with a helpful little guide and with my husband around to answer my questions it was a piece of cake. I got a 100% without trying to hard. Test tooks about an hour I think.

Good luck!

You and hubby need to focus on getting it right in the water. Get it right there. Worst case: He fails the test--there is a re-take AFTER every question answered wrong is discussed between the student and teacher. Tell husband to focus on: Planning his dive (check his work) then diving. After that, if he can plan his dive and dive his plan, the test is easy. He's thinking too hard about a non problem.

Just did the course and test about 3 weeks ago. I found it hard to really learn the book in 3 days, but I did great on the test anyway. The best reading I did was sitting in a pub sipping a couple of Carlsberg (just a couple---wanted to dive the next day). My instructor told me to skip anything I wasn't sure of and he went over it , not giving me the answer, but 'til I came up with it. Passed with 3 wrong out of 50.Now I've read the book thoroughly, highlighting so I can go over it quickly before I dive again. The stuff in the water was much harder to learn at first.....but that's another thread.
BarbaraSHW

Heather: As stated, the tests are very much like the knowledge review.

I would recommend paying attention to the little booklet that came with your RDP (you'll get to it in that last 1/2 of the course). Understanding the RDP especially for repetitive dives, will help you greatly. If you make sure you understand the quizzes you'll basically get the same set of questions on the 'final'.

Enjoy your course, and more importantly enjoy the diving! :)

Bjorn

heatherohio:
Hi All! My husband and I are just beginning our PADI OW course! Looking forward to diving, even in Ohio. :wink: I do have a question regarding the quizzes and final test for our OW classes. Are they multiple choice and are there and sample tests available, especially on the net! My husband would really like to practice. Test taking is not his favorite thing! Thanks!

We're again looking forward to our new underwater adventure!

Welcome to the board! I recommnend you also check out the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew portion on here. We have periodic get-togethers, and get trips set up for up to the Great Lakes to wreck dive.

Good Luck!

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom