• Apeks XTX50 + XTX40 Octopus

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Scubapro MK17 Evo/G260 + R195 Octopus

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Scubapro MK17 Evo/C370 + R095 Octopus

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

been diving Apeks for twenty years, scubapro for thirty and aqualung for fourty
and they're all the same, so indulge yourself and dive what you like the look of.

I was looking at the single tank D6 Signature configuration, but after adding all the hoses and stages, unfortunately the package priced over my budget... it would have been one of my top choices otherwise.

Then what option did price within your budget?

You can get a D6 signature full single tank reg set with an SPG for $595 (I tested a Yoke First,28” primary reg, 40” seconday, 22” Inflator, and 24” HP hose with an SPG in the configurator to get this price).

Considering we are able to offer product direct to consumer to help keep costs down, I am curious as to who can compete with that quality at that price. It even includes a free first service when necessary (usually costs $150+ at most shops).

If price is more of a dictator and you want something without our durability and performance enhancements, you can get the cost down to $524 if you go with a scribble first, which is a great performer as well, more inline with standard offerings elsewhere.

@LandonL

When using my phone, the regulator configurer forced me to accept the plastic spg even if I did not want it. Not sure if this is a glitch or not.

Selection options are dictated by what is is stock on package configurators.

Send me a PM. We should dive sometime since I think we might frequent the same areas.

Whatever you do end up getting, just keep in mind that you probably can get what you want cheaper than the list price if it's something sold at multiple major dealers. I just got a full Atomic Z2 sealed set for nearly $200 less than the retail price, by simply browsing a few sites, then simply asking for prices.

Then what option did price within your budget?

Whatever you do end up getting, just keep in mind that you probably can get what you want cheaper than the list price if it's something sold at multiple major dealers. I just got a full Atomic Z2 sealed set for nearly $200 less than the retail price, by simply browsing a few sites, then simply asking for prices.

Yes, I’m getting a great deal from a friend, way below list price... that’s why even the lowest priced D6 configuration is high compared to these options that I can get at a discount.

I prefer diaphragm regulators to pistons so I’m not a huge fan of Scubapro since pistons are what they do.
If you want to be a little more credible on “deeper wrecks” in your diving future, get the Apeks set, not the Micron - although the Micron will work as well, it’s more like a fancy dan travel reg. I’d like one.
I have the Mk25/G260 set up - meh. I’ll take an MR12 or a Conshelf any day over the Scubapro

Mostly because of the following quote from the other thread, and the fact that the Apeks kit is slightly cheaper and the 1st stage has a rotating turret for better hose management:

“The XTX50, XTX40, and G260 are balanced second stages. The R195 is an unbalanced second stage.

In terms of build quality the Apeks are streets ahead of the Scubapro, however the Scubapro is a slightly smoother breathe. The Apeks are also much more tolerant of heavy use and light maintenance, the Scubapro are a little more temperamental and don't like neglect.”

Have you ever had them apart to compare? I have and will say as much as I love Apeks, the G260 is a much better made and designed second stage. I use G260 seconds with Apeks firsts, best of both worlds. What do you mean by "Apeks are streets ahead" ? In what ways? Cheers.

I don't have a review on the ones above but everyone has asked a lot of great questions. I have the Poseidon Xstream and I like it because of the bubbles go away from my face. I like the feel of the streamline of the stage two. I also occasionally dabble in cold water diving and this is the only one used by US Navy. It really is a preference. Great to ask for advice and personal experiences.

Why is almost nobody voting for Core Supreme?

I'm not familiar with this set, but on paper and in reviews it seems to tick all the boxes: balanced, cold water, recognizable popular brand (service available), having some own bells and whistles.

Is it this much worse than SC and Apeks?

EDIT: and it's sealed, forgot about that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom