New Product Update - Heads-Up Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Krause:
This will ultimately provide a platform to develop a family of products. However, fit of this mask is obviously crucial. The miniaturization of our wireless computer technology and optic system aside, the skirt has been through an unbelievable design and human factor study process. The military required that at a minimum, the display would be readable by and the mask would fit 95% of their human factor study group. We have exceeded that requirement. Over the years, I have personally witnessed several hundred people trying the mask on and can recall three people that either could not clearly see the entire display or did not feel that the mask fit well.

You'll get an opportunity to try it for yourself soon -
Hey I am diving with a rebreather, and therefore do I not need the wireless transmitter. can I buy i without and what will the price be ?

Are coming to cph diveshow http://www.dyk.net/ferie07/ to show it?

If You need someone to show it there just let me know

Claus

Hey Doug,
I know you mentioned in an earlier post about having bonded lens put in the mask for vision correction but can you tell me more. I for example am fairly Nearsighted and have an Astigmatism (not to mention the need for reading glasses) in both eyes. I understand for the Left eye a bonded lens will work like any other mask. But what about the right eye and the HUD Display? With say Contacts will I still be able to see, and actually read the HUD display, and distance as well? If Bonded lens is used will I still be able to see the display. Will it still be in focus? I mean what is the best solution for seeing the display and the Fish at the same time with both clearly viewable? Price is not as important to me, After spending over $1,900+ for a Delta P VR3 to work with my Rebreather the mask looks relatively cheap in comparison. As mentioned I probably would not need the Transmitter so I hope it can be purchased without it. Having wasted thousands in the past on the promise of a HUD From Cochran, I really hope to see this thing work!:D

Thanks,
Steve

Hey that's very cool-- a heads-up display is one of those things I've often heard diver-friends bring up while chewing the fat. "Wouldn't it be great if...." You'd never get me to give up my aga mask, but if you came out with a retro-fit kit for the aga and/or other ffms you could move alot more of these lcd panels. But I also agree with Uncle Ricky it would be much more tempting if it could do more than just a single gas basic nitrox mix. I don't understand why two buttons was a limiting factor...? I've got a nitek He and it does everything with A and B.

specopsintl:
Hey Doug,
I know you mentioned in an earlier post about having bonded lens put in the mask for vision correction but can you tell me more. I for example am fairly Nearsighted and have an Astigmatism (not to mention the need for reading glasses) in both eyes. I understand for the Left eye a bonded lens will work like any other mask. But what about the right eye and the HUD Display? With say Contacts will I still be able to see, and actually read the HUD display, and distance as well? If Bonded lens is used will I still be able to see the display. Will it still be in focus? I mean what is the best solution for seeing the display and the Fish at the same time with both clearly viewable?

Hi Steve,

Chances are this is going to work for you. Ultimately, you'll need to try it on to confirm that the display is clearly focused. Based on our studies, chances are it will be - either with contacts or a bonded RX lens. The display presents the data as if the digits were 6 inches high, viewed from 10 feet away - easily read by most. As I said earlier, all the other things that we've done to finally make this concept a reality, it is the optical display technology that makes it functional for most.

The mask will be available witout transmitter - availability and price is to be determined. I'll post here as soon as I have more info.

We will begin accepting pre-orders through our demo dealers. More on this in the coming weeks.

Perhaps I missed this, Doug, but is it PC/log-Downloadable?

I'll be happy to test it out in Bonaire in July... We plan on about 30 dives... I'll even do a comprehensive dive report for a nominal fee. Tell you what... I'll do it for free (I'll just keep the demo mask - you can tell Oceanic it was lost in one of those typical cold, dark, low-viz, high-current, Bonaire dives). Deal?

If running a true RGBM alog and able to use helium mixes on a RB. I'd be first in line. Anychance of that happening?

Count me in for product testing. I will be going back to Bonaire or Utilas this year. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom