Allergy and Equalization sufferers who take Sudafed-like products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m a licensed customs broker. Anyone involved with MX customs, whether a customs broker, freight forwarder, etc., is inept and corrupt. I’m seriously considering leaving my Zyrtec D at home and just diving on Flonase, but trip is for a full cave class, not just fun diving. I take Zyrtec D daily and have for years per doc’s orders. I don’t want to do anything that puts my US brokers license in jeopardy.
The advantage of dealing with corrupt officials who only want to shake you down is that their only interest is your money. Once they determine you are not going to give them money they often lose interest in you. I have seen this once at customs when I declared some electronics that certainly should have had duty paid. They were not interested in the paperwork and eventually let us go without paying. Three other times were traffic stops for speeding. After I played dumb and didn't take the bribery hints they all gave up and let me go.

The advantage of dealing with corrupt officials who only want to shake you down is that their only interest is your money. Once they determine you are not going to give them money they often lose interest in you. I have seen this once at customs when I declared some electronics that certainly should have had duty paid. They were not interested in the paperwork and eventually let us go without paying. Three other times were traffic stops for speeding. After I played dumb and didn't take the bribery hints they all gave up and let me go.

I’m not taking that chance.

I’m not taking that chance.
But I have to, or not dive in Mexico.

But I have to, or not dive in Mexico.

I wouldn’t even be going, but there are a number of reasons I have to go now if I want to get full cave done. Otherwise I’d not even set foot in the country. I’ve had bad enough experiences on the job with shipments into and out of MX that have resulted in utter contempt.

Reactions: BRT
As I said...

That's my story, and I am sticking to it.

All in good fun. I just put pills in checked bags, never had issues leaving the country. (not that I do it often, but I don't have issues with it).

I just put pills in checked bags, never had issues leaving the country. (not that I do it often, but I don't have issues with it).
I carry mine in my backpack with my other meds. Never had a problem, but then Mexico is Mexico.

...I’m seriously considering leaving my Zyrtec D at home and just diving on Flonase...

Is Nasonex not allowed also?
If it is allowed, I find that Nasonex works much better than Flonase. YMMV.

Is Nasonex not allowed also?
If it is allowed, I find that Nasonex works much better than Flonase. YMMV.
I’ve never used Nasonex. Never even heard of it. I’ve been using Zyrtec-D and Flonase for years.

I’ve never used Nasonex. Never even heard of it. I’ve been using Zyrtec-D and Flonase for years.

Interesting. My Dr switched me from Flonase to Nasonex around 15 years ago

Interesting. My Dr switched me from Flonase to Nasonex around 15 years ago
"The difference is Flonase is available over-the-counter (OTC) and Nasonex is prescription only. There is no difference in their effect or side effects.​
"Flonase and Nasonex are both corticosteroid nasal sprays that are effective at treating hay fever, perennial allergic rhinitis and allergies. Nasonex is also FDA approved to treat nasal polyps. Flonase contains fluticasone and Nasonex contains mometasone; these are both glucocorticoid corticosteroids that help to relieve congestion, sneezing, postnasal drip, and other allergy symptoms, including eye symptoms."​

Back
Top Bottom