Pseudoephedrine alternative nasal spray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I thought the divers who travel to Mexico (where pseudoephedrine is illegal) might find this of interest.

I’ve been taking Zyrtec-D with pseudoephedrine for more than 15 years daily at my doc’s orders due to long term allergies ( I was an early user of Seldane, first non-drowsy allergy med when it was released in the mid-80s). When I had my annual visit recently, I mentioned the pseudoephedrine thing with Mexico. Doc mentioned Astepro. It’s an OTC, non-steroidal, nasal spray for allergy symptoms, including congestion, which is my major issue. It can be used with Flonase, which I also use daily.

I’ve been using Astepro for the last six weeks. It’s a winner for me. I use it in the am (when I used to take Zyrtec-D). I have no problems while diving. One of the side effects is drowsiness, but I have no issues. It’s also good for 24 hours.

So if you travel to Mexico and don’t like taking chances with pseudoephedrine, try this! I got through full cave class last year with a combo of Flonase and a sinus rinse bottle. I’m back to Mexico in December, so the sinus rinse bottle won’t be traveling with me this time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom