New instructor to Panama City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pocky21

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey guys! I'm officially transplanting myself from the Southwest forum over to here - just came in from Arizona last night. Sure is different out here, not sure what all these tall leafy green things coming out of the ground are, oh and that wet stuff that falls from the sky - now that's a trip!

All kidding aside, I'm looking for new dive buddies and a good shop/charter to pair up with while I get myself established. Brought a few spearguns with me for grocery runs too. Just gotta give a mud diver some time to get used to warm water and good viz :cool2:

Check the regs on spearfishing. You'll need a boat (or better, a friend with a boat) to spearfish in most cases.

I'm partial to Panama City Dive Charters. Captain Pat runs a good operation, and is an experienced diver, spearfisherman, and boat Captain.

Most of the shops in the area are pretty good, but Pat's shop is my favorite.

Welcome to town. +1 on the aforementioned shop. Great instructors, shop & charter op. Partway through my Rescue class with them (EFR & O2 provider done).

I'm trying to set up a trip on my boat Aug 3rd and need another diver or two. Good buddy coming in town for his first spearing trip. I'm also going out for some spearing during the week Aug 5-10th. PM me if interested.

Add another vote for Pat Green and Panama City Dive Charters. A good group over there.

Hey guys! I'm officially transplanting myself from the Southwest forum over to here - just came in from Arizona last night. Sure is different out here, not sure what all these tall leafy green things coming out of the ground are, oh and that wet stuff that falls from the sky - now that's a trip!

All kidding aside, I'm looking for new dive buddies and a good shop/charter to pair up with while I get myself established. Brought a few spearguns with me for grocery runs too. Just gotta give a mud diver some time to get used to warm water and good viz :cool2:

Welcome, are you looking for a specific agency's dive center? Im a PADI instructor and typically go through Dive Locker for diving.

Thanks guys, I dropped by and talked with Pat today - very professional and helpful guy! Seems like him and everyone else are fully staffed for the rest of this season, so I'll be diving for fun only for a while. The concept of a FT dive instructor is still new to me (we'd get 1-2 classes a YEAR in AZ!), and it works out since I can make more stable $$ as a diesel tech. Can't wait to get out there and dive some of these wrecks!

Thanks guys, I dropped by and talked with Pat today - very professional and helpful guy! Seems like him and everyone else are fully staffed for the rest of this season, so I'll be diving for fun only for a while. The concept of a FT dive instructor is still new to me (we'd get 1-2 classes a YEAR in AZ!), and it works out since I can make more stable $$ as a diesel tech. Can't wait to get out there and dive some of these wrecks!

Yeah, check out Dive Locker then. They are a full IDC now, so they probably need everything from divemasters to assistant idc instructors at some point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom