Trip Report Bonaire - January 5 - January 11, 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report @DrySuit, thanks! LOL - my buddy has discovered the joys of that afternoon nap thing.

@Guitarcrazy the beauty of Bonaire is plenty of shore AND boat diving. If your wife doesn't like shore diving, don't do it. (If you stay ocean front, diving off the dock is almost the same as boat.) We do about 40-60 boat- shore mix, some times more or less. Some of my fav dives are South Klein sites requiring a boat. Also prefer a bunch of the northern sites by boat - Karpata, Thousand Steps, etc. Getting older, nice to just fall off a boat. So, I wouldn't let 'shore diving' stop the discussion.

Excellent trip report @DrySuit - I really enjoyed reading it. The unmarked dive site you reference between Tori's Reef and Invisibles is known to some of us as Trailboss. At least that is what @Soloist has named it, after me -- LOL :wink: - my 2019 trip report where I refer to it, but don't give out the specifics is found here:

View attachment 764457
I liked 3Gs, Greg's Gorgeous Garden

Thank you for sharing your experience. How was customs during entry/exit of Bonaire airport?

Great report @DrySuit, thanks! LOL - my buddy has discovered the joys of that afternoon nap thing.

@Guitarcrazy the beauty of Bonaire is plenty of shore AND boat diving. If your wife doesn't like shore diving, don't do it. (If you stay ocean front, diving off the dock is almost the same as boat.) We do about 40-60 boat- shore mix, some times more or less. Some of my fav dives are South Klein sites requiring a boat. Also prefer a bunch of the northern sites by boat - Karpata, Thousand Steps, etc. Getting older, nice to just fall off a boat. So, I wouldn't let 'shore diving' stop the discussion.
Thanks Jersey. We will get there eventually, I am sure. I hear too many good things about the diving there to ignore it.

Great food reconnaissance, we can't wait for our trip to Bonaire in late June

Thanks for the review. I'm planning my first trip there for sometime this spring. Not knowing the grocery situation, I'm curious what you packed for your picnic lunches.

Thanks for the review. I'm planning my first trip there for sometime this spring. Not knowing the grocery situation, I'm curious what you packed for your picnic lunches.

We usually go to van den twill. We normally get 2 or 3 cured meats; 3 or 4 cheeses; a few different types of crackers, apples, peanut butter (much better than the peanut butter here), tempanade.

We can’t understand most of the names but we usually roll the dice. I can’t think of time where we’ve been disappointed.

We bring our own Tupperware and cut the stuff up, pack it in a soft cooler and off we go.

Enjoy your trip!

Every time I go, I get a place with a full kitchen. One of the first things we do is fill the fridge. There are some liquor stores around the corner from Van Den Twill worth stopping at too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom