Trip Report PDC: Full cave Aug 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My MX instructor told a terrifying story involving snorkelers at Nohoch. A pair had someone gotten separated from their group and ended up far into the overhead in the dark (there’s space between cave roof and water). She was guiding several cave divers that day. They encountered the snorkelers as they were coming out and ended up taking them out. I’m told the snorkelers were damned lucky.

Congratulations on full cave , I was down In Akumal at that time and yes the mosquitoes were quite prevalent we also saw a Yucatán hog nose pit viper which I was told was pretty rare to see.

Finally got my bits of video uploaded.

This is at Nohoch, just mooching about in the cavern zone. You can see the snorkelers in the upper left at the beginning. It was nice to have some video of myself with good viz for once.

This is us coming up from a dive at Taj. Our porter took it. Not sure what the mechanical whining sound is in the background.

Videos aren't showing up or have been deleted?

Or did you get in trouble on youtube? haha

Videos aren't showing up or have been deleted?

Or did you get in trouble on youtube? haha

That’s freaking bizarre. It was two diving vids. Nothing more. I’d created a separate account so I could post without my real name showing.

Wow, 5mill in 81f water (plus the surface temp)? I'd probably be in a skin or lavacore. I'd have a heat stroke in a 5 for sure. Cave class, at least the one I took (and apparently yours) ain't easy. Congratulations!

Congratulations, Marie!!

We'll make a warm water diver out of you yet. Too bad you didn't get to Angelita or El Pit. You would have loved the clouds.

Back
Top Bottom