New Gander Mountain close to TL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We noticed a new construction site on our way to Twin Lakes this weekend. They're building a new Gander Mountain on Hwy 288, just as you turn off Beltway 8 to the lake. Man that whole area is really growing!

Umm, ok, I'll bite -- what's a Gander Mountain? :confused:

It's a big mega chain sporting goods store. Think MalWart Superstore for sporting goods. There's one in Spring just north of Houston, that's starting a complete full service scuba department. They've just opened and are filling tanks, including Nitrox 32% and reports are they'll have PADI cert classes. Beast is off tomorrow, we might go by and check them out.

They have 4 NAUI instructors lined up but I doubt they will do PADI. It's oriented more towards newer divers needing basic gear. Other than steel tanks and spring straps, there's little there that would interest techies. But it's a good place for accessories.

Just received a card in the mail advertising that GANDER MOUNTAIN now has a complete line of scuba equipment to sell ...... they have made a deal with DIVERS DIRECT to run a dive shop inside their stores ....... they even enclosed a $25 off coupon on any scuba purchase. What I want to know will they match DIVERS DIRECT internet pricing at the local stores ?

I've heard both NAUI and PADI. If we go tomorrow I'll ask.

WOW!! I feel cheated. Live in a midwest state and your GM doesn't have scuba gear. They are doing good to have anything camping related. Of course if you hunt or fish you could spend the whole day there.

Sounds a bit like the Bass Pro Shops...

Were they not soliciting resumes for scuba instructors not too long ago? I do not think it was agency specific.

Regards,

Dee:
We noticed a new construction site on our way to Twin Lakes this weekend. They're building a new Gander Mountain on Hwy 288, just as you turn off Beltway 8 to the lake. Man that whole area is really growing!

Man, don't we know it...we live here!

Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom