New Gander Mountain close to TL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They just opened a Gander Mountain in Tyler...no scuba gear here. But...we have two LDS already...and they are both pretty busy. Personally, I am very partial to the folks at my shop, but I do go to GM to buy Columbia outer wear and look at all the cool stuff. The prices are very reasonable...and selection is excellent. It's not a Bass Pro or Cabela's, but for Tyler, it's a good substitute!

PvilleStang:
Wow, I swear I posted in here earlier today, maybe a magical moderator pulled a post?!?

Nope...no sneaky moderation required. You sure you hit the big blue button? :D

Maybe in that forth of July stupor... few too many beers out playing golf with Dad... but I'm pretty sure I nailed that button dead center

ReefHound:
They have 4 NAUI instructors lined up but I doubt they will do PADI. It's oriented more towards newer divers needing basic gear. Other than steel tanks and spring straps, there's little there that would interest techies. But it's a good place for accessories.
Just thought I would give everyone a little info about the store in Spring.
We will be doing NAUI courses, which are set to begin in about two weeks. We have been making arrangements for pool locations, open water locations and just general details that needed to be completed prior to us beginning classes.
We will be offering classes from basic open water and eventually up to instructor. For now, we have two main instructors that will be rotating through classes. Myself and Craig Shannon. I am a NAUI Instructor Trainer and Craig is a NAUI instructor. We both also work and teach at NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
The store carries Mares, TUSA, XSCUBA, EVO, Oceanic, among other lines of gear and accessories.
For those interested in spearfishing we will be hosting a spearfishing tournament in August. Details will be available soon.
For those looking for underwater photography or videography equipment. My company, Underwater Unlimited, will have housing and accessories available at the store also.

We are very excited about the whole arrangement and are hoping to provide some great training.

You can check out the photo and video gear at http://www.underwaterul.com

You never identified yourself or maybe I missed it, but from browsing the camera site can I assume you are Joe Holley?

I assume that they are trying to get qualified people to work there? I was there the last weekend in June and noone was working in that dept. They did not have any prices posted for their servicing. How much for a reg tune up/service? and who is doing it?

Yes, they are hiring a few people to work in the store.
They are currently waiting on the compressors to be delivered so they can start filling tanks. Once the compressors are in place, they will have a full service center available.

PvilleStang:
Wow, I swear I posted in here earlier today, maybe a magical moderator pulled a post?!?

The board probably hiccuped when you posted, I've had a couple of my posts end up in never-never land. Unfortunately when it does that the posts are gone, it will be nice when the server switch "bugs" are finally completely worked out. I've taken to copying any long post before I hit submit so I don't have to retype the whole thing.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom