New Dive Computer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great idea on the Hydro Stick-On, I'll have to try that. I looked at the SeaVision 2100, I don't need a prescription mask and didn't see anything stating gauge reader, I'm I missing it?

Yes, if you start stepping through the Build A Mask process, I think it's the second screen that gives you an option to choose a Gauge Reader lens. It's not cheap. But, choosing the Gauge Reader does give you a free upgrade to either the magenta or yellow lens. I have one of each (including a clear one). I really like the filtered lenses. The magenta lens kicks ass in blue water. I only use the clear lens in the pool (and as my backup mask).

Though I have to admit I don't use that mask any more, as it turned out to leak a bit, so I bought a new mask that doesn't leak and has gauge reader lenses built in (SeaVision 2100 - which I REALLY like and is also WAY cheaper than a new computer).
@stuartv : You don't find the magenta lenses too dark at lower recreational depths? Do you know the difference between the Sea Vision 2000, 2100, and Ultra (2200?) But I do like the idea of those HydroTacs.

Last edited:
@stuartv : You don't find the magenta lenses too dark at lower recreational depths? Do you know the difference between the Sea Vision 2000, 2100, and Ultra (2200?) But I do like the idea of those HydroTacs.

I have done a few dives in the 100 - 115 range with it where the viz was only 10 - 15 feet (so, deep-ish and turbid water combined) and didn't have any complaints. But then, I didn't take a clear mask down and compare them, either. Deep where the viz is decent, the magenta is great.

That said, if I know I'm getting in where the light/viz will be poor at the bottom, I would more likely use the yellow lens mask. The magenta is really more for blue water, which kind of implies at least that the water is pretty clear, offering good visibility. If it's really clear, but you're going deep and the sky is overcast or something, then I think the magenta lens would give no real benefit, but I don't feel like it would make it dark enough to be any kind of issue. I would not hesitate to do a night dive with the magenta lens, if it was the only mask I had with me (thought it obviously wouldn't be my first choice, if I had either of my other masks).

If you already have a clear mask that works well, except for needing reader lenses, then why not get a magenta with readers and put Hydro-tacs in your clear mask? If your clear mask has other issues for you, and you only want to buy one mask, then maybe it would be better to get a clear lens, so you know it will work any time, any place.

Thanks Stuart. I have an XS-Foto GoMask with the GoPro mount in center. Not sure how experienced divers feel about those, I might be changing up. I think I'll pickup one of the $60 SeaVision magenta models and try it out.

Eon Steel sorry it resized my picture to super small
Just an FYI @pinshootr , your giant image is making the entire thread wide/wonky. You now have to scroll right to read everyone's posts, since the minimum window width now matches the large image.

Eon.JPG

This is a screen Grab of the Eon showing the Gas screen in graphical As you can see, although it has the contents as a number, you also see the blue bar (which goes red when you're low) much like a fuel contents gauge and even an SPG, where you're not looking at the number just the position. I prefer the graphical mode, but at least you have the choice either or (although you can't combine the two)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom