New Dive Charter: Palm Beach Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

problem is that it's VERY pricey. I'm running a November trip on the Bahamas Aggressor liveaboard and it's quite a bit less...and fairly high-end.
Hi Paul,

I listed only trips leaving from Florida.

For the Bahamas Aggressor you fly to Nassau. Looks like the list for the trip is $3295, maybe you get a group discount. Discounts are often available on Aggressor boats. I did Cayman for 35% off in 2018 and I did Belize Aggressor IV for 25% off last year. These are very good trips

I dived with Palm Beach Scuba yesterday. Well run boat, efficient operation and helpful crew. Capt Tom did everything possible to get us on my requested dive sites. They even served hot pulled pork sandwiches and a cheese/meat board along with nice selection of beverages.

The bad- The boat was packed full, at least 17 divers which completely filled it, there were no empty spots. Many or most divers were locals and there to kill and they were very successful.

I’m in Florida as a tourist diver, I like to watch the pretty fish not see them bloody and gutted and watch divers carry them around and hold magnificent 3’ long beautiful but dead and bloodied fish over their heads while smiling for photos.

That’s a one and done for me, This was by far the worst I’ve ever seen but spearfishing has largely ruined my diving experience in SE Florida and I won’t be returning anytime soon.

I dived with Palm Beach Scuba yesterday. Well run boat, efficient operation and helpful crew. Capt Tom did everything possible to get us on my requested dive sites. They even served hot pulled pork sandwiches and a cheese/meat board along with nice selection of beverages.

The bad- The boat was packed full, at least 17 divers which completely filled it, there were no empty spots. Many or most divers were locals and there to kill and they were very successful.

I’m in Florida as a tourist diver, I like to watch the pretty fish not see them bloody and gutted and watch divers carry them around and hold magnificent 3’ long beautiful but dead and bloodied fish over their heads while smiling for photos.

That’s a one and done for me, This was by far the worst I’ve ever seen but spearfishing has largely ruined my diving experience in SE Florida and I won’t be returning anytime soon.
Why would you go on a spearfishing trip if you were going to be offended by spearfishing?

Do you eat seafood?

Jupiter Dive Center and Pura Vida do not allow spearfishing, there are probably others.

Why would you go on a spearfishing trip if you were going to be offended by spearfishing?

Do you eat seafood?
Yes I eat fish. And I eat burgers too. And I might spend $100 to go to a zoo but I wouldn’t spend $100 to look at a dead bloody cow.

It wasn’t advertised as a “spear fishing dive”. And although I’m put off by a few speared fish I can handle it, it doesn’t ruin my day.

This was a massacre.

Thanks for the report. Not the boat for me.

I understand. Some divers do, some don’t. I do not. So, down here in South Fla I go with Pura Vida Divers. You can also rent a boat/Cpt if you have 4 to 6 divers with Calypso (Riviera Beach) or Quiescence (Key Largo).

Very understandable that you want to avoid a spearfishing trip. Do you feel the same way about taking lobsters and lionfish? This types of activities are significantly less bloody.

It wasn’t advertised as a “spear fishing dive”.
Literally every day this op has been going out, they have been posting hundreds of pictures with spearguns and hunters on EVERY trip.
AND YOU CLAIM YOU DIDN'T KNOW ?? Bull-Sheet !!. This is 100% your fault for not doing research in advance and then blaming everyone else.
Don't come on SB and trash a new operator because you want to influence other potential divers by calling it a "massacre".< your words. Even before you set foot on the vessel, you saw the guns and did not walk away, but rather jumped right on the boat!

I saw the pictures and they are 100% legal, ethical, and full of SMILES from happy paying customers.
Go back to diving with your favorite operator > Pura Vida who doesn't allow spearfishing/hunting (and they are a fantastic charter IMHO too). But don't slam a competitor to steer business elsewhere.

Do you feel the same way about taking lobsters and lionfish? This types of activities are significantly less bloody.
I don’t feel the same way about lionfish or lobster hunting. Given the destructiveness of the lion fish I don’t mind it at all. And I’ve caught a few lobsters over the years although it’s not my dive objective, but seeing photos of dozens of lobsters on a boat is a bit uncomfortable for me it just seems like overkill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom