New Dive Charter: Palm Beach Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

. I like the monthly subscription idea. I'll see what the reviews say in a few months. I wouldn't be surprised if the subscription was only for weekdays.

And being a new charter with 4 diver minimum- It's probably a safe bet they won't be running every day.

You're right. Can't shoot pomano or permit in florida waters. Need to be 3 miles out to shoot them. 3 miles out of Palm Beach puts you in 400+ feet of water. Hard to believe the boat went out past the deep ledge so this guy could shoot that fish. Likely illegal.
That looks like a Permit. I do not hunt, so had to look up the regulations. The post said they did Larsen Valley and the Anna Cecila Wreck Trek. It would be very disappointing if the Permit was speared and bought on board illegally.
I saw the boat a few weeks ago. It looks nice. I likely wont dive them unless they offer something Narcosis or Walker's does not. I like the monthly subscription idea. I'll see what the reviews say in a few months. I wouldn't be surprised if the subscription was only for weekdays.
+1, I have dived Narcosis and Walker's for a long time. I am usually down for just a week or 10 days at a time, doubt I would use the monthly rate, enjoy my dives in Boynton and Jupiter too much. Website says monthly good all but Tuesdays (they don't run), national holidays, and mini season. Perhaps if I stay longer in the future. I too look forward to seeing reviews. I will try to remain open minded.

The website looks pretty thin to me, I would expect them to show some bios and pictures of staff.
agree, I was looking for the same information but couldn't find on their website.

That looks like a Permit. I do not hunt, so had to look up the regulations. The post said they did Larsen Valley and the Anna Cecila Wreck Trek. It would be very disappointing if the Permit was speared and bought on board illegally.
Yep - Looks like a permit to me too. Neither Larson or the Anna C are in Federal waters. Not even close.

+1, I have dived Narcosis and Walker's for a long time. I am usually down for just a week or 10 days at a time, doubt I would use the monthly rate, enjoy my dives in Boynton and Jupiter too much. Website says monthly good all but Tuesdays (they don't run), national holidays, and mini season. Perhaps if I stay longer in the future. I too look forward to seeing reviews. I will try to remain open minded.
Good find on the info regarding their monthly subscription. I'll remain open minded as well. I'll be the first to admit that I'm particular about who I dive with. Lots of good options in PBC already so it'll be tough to compete.

They bought the Keys Diver 2 boat. Thomas has put a ton of work into it and fixed it up nicely. I haven't dove it yet, but many friends say the captain and crew run a great boat. Pickups are quick, safety is #1, and the snack trays look like they came from a fancy restaurant. They know they are just getting started and are still adding improvements.
Keys Diver closed operations? Went out of business, or just call it quit?

lots of reasons to avoid some charters. Being "iffy" on hunting regulations is one reason.

And being a new charter with 4 diver minimum- It's probably a safe bet they won't be running every day.
Opening a dive boat in the 2nd most competitive zipcode in Florida will take work. But Kyalami did it also and succeeded. Kyalami,, when they started out was wild and did alot of things >>

* A music/lighting system costing several thousand dollars & the captain was a great DJ
* All crew danced on the boat, yes Danced.
* Food - not just chips & water. They had good hot food for the interval
* Tanks and gear both removed and replaced INTO your vehicle
* Wacky and wild dancing FB video dive reports EVERY TRIP - They had thousands of views.
(if there was a new tik tok or FB dance routine, they were doing it with guests. )
* Everyone Invited Policy-students, hunters, instructors, photogs. No one was ever told NO.
* If DM's & Deckhands didn't smile & laugh they got 'Not-Needed' at the dock.

Jared (Captain Slater) the founder built a strong following and made it into a very popular boat doing the above that other boats wouldn't do. Jared sold the business and some things changed.

They closed but I don't know the story. Maybe @deeper thoughts or another Key's local would know why?
when my buddy returns from Palau I will find out the details

Opening a dive boat in the 2nd most competitive zipcode in Florida will take work. But Kyalami did it also and succeeded. Kyalami,, when they started out was wild and did alot of things >>

* A music/lighting system costing several thousand dollars & the captain was a great DJ
* All crew danced on the boat, yes Danced.
* Food - not just chips & water. They had good hot food for the interval
* Tanks and gear both removed and replaced INTO your vehicle
* Wacky and wild dancing FB video dive reports EVERY TRIP - They had thousands of views.
(if there was a new tik tok or FB dance routine, they were doing it with guests. )
* Everyone Invited Policy-students, hunters, instructors, photogs. No one was ever told NO.
* If DM's & Deckhands didn't smile & laugh they got 'Not-Needed' at the dock.

Jared (Captain Slater) the founder built a strong following and made it into a very popular boat doing the above that other boats wouldn't do. Jared sold the business and some things changed.
Don't forget the Sl8rade!

I remember they'd stand everyone up, Jared would put on some kick ass music, and you just couldn't wait to get the dive started. And the video's between him and his crew were always entertaining. Sl8r was just a natural entertainer. One time at the dock, he was all business with paperwork, and I walked up to him with my GoPro, and he instantly switched to showtime mode. I miss that guy! He was also an incredible mentor to his crew.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom