New Dive Charter: Palm Beach Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember when Dustin was building that fancy new Kingfisher dive boat. Bean bag chairs, couches, granite countertops in the lounge area, and he even promised a freezer with ice cream sandwiches between dives. All this plus day trips to the Bahamas and multi-day trips up and down the SE Florida coast. Now that's innovative and new!

Too bad he screwed it all up.

I remember when Dustin was building that fancy new Kingfisher dive boat. Bean bag chairs, couches, granite countertops in the lounge area, and he even promised a freezer with ice cream sandwiches between dives. All this plus day trips to the Bahamas and multi-day trips up and down the SE Florida coast. Now that's innovative and new!

Too bad he screwed it all up.
Are you taking us back to 2020?

Are you taking us back to 2020?
Sigh. It would have been glorious.

Ice cream sandwiches while cruising to Bahamas in style.

Sigh. It would have been glorious.

Ice cream sandwiches while cruising to Bahamas in style.
Multiday trips up and down the coast sound good. I really miss Frank's Spree, Keys Wreck Trek with my son in 2015 from Key Largo back to Key West.

Opening a dive boat in the 2nd most competitive zipcode in Florida will take work. But Kyalami did it also and succeeded. Kyalami,, when they started out was wild and did alot of things >>

* A music/lighting system costing several thousand dollars & the captain was a great DJ
* All crew danced on the boat, yes Danced.
* Food - not just chips & water. They had good hot food for the interval
* Tanks and gear both removed and replaced INTO your vehicle
* Wacky and wild dancing FB video dive reports EVERY TRIP - They had thousands of views.
(if there was a new tik tok or FB dance routine, they were doing it with guests. )
* Everyone Invited Policy-students, hunters, instructors, photogs. No one was ever told NO.
* If DM's & Deckhands didn't smile & laugh they got 'Not-Needed' at the dock.

Jared (Captain Slater) the founder built a strong following and made it into a very popular boat doing the above that other boats wouldn't do. Jared sold the business and some things changed.
I miss Jared and those days. The Lazy Sunday dive and BBQ was AWESOME!

Multiday trips up and down the coast sound good.

Agreed. It would be awesome to have a California-style boat akin to the Peace that heads out all day, does 3-4 dives, offers fills onboard, has a hot tub and lounging deck, maybe runs to the Bahamas for 2-3 days, offers yummy food between each dive, etc. I have used the Peace several times for day-trips to Anacapa and Santa Rosa. It was great!

Agreed. It would be awesome to have a California-style boat akin to the Peace that heads out all day, does 3-4 dives, offers fills onboard, has a hot tub and lounging deck, maybe runs to the Bahamas for 2-3 days, offers yummy food between each dive, etc. I have used the Peace several times for day-trips to Anacapa and Santa Rosa. It was great!
sounds like a business opportunity in the making

What does a multi-day trip like that cost? That sounds awesome, sign me up.

What does a multi-day trip like that cost? That sounds awesome, sign me up.
In 2015, my son and I did a 5 night/4 day Wreck Trek aboard the M/V Spree out of Key West. We did 15 dives on the Spiegel Grove, Duane, Eagle, Thunderbolt, Adolphus Busch, and Vandenberg. Back in the day, the cost was $1829. Sadly, the Spree has been gone since 2016

Last year I did a 9 night/8 day trip to Tiger Beach and Bimini on the Dolphin Dream Tiger Shark Diving It was a great trip Trip Report - Tiger Beach and Bimini on the Dolphin Dream, March 11-19, 2022 Their price list is below:

1677345936593.png

Jim Abernathy's Scuba Adventures offers liveaboard trips on the Shear Water Scuba – adventures They offer trips to Tiger Beach and Bimini. They apparently also offer trips off the Florida coast. Their price lists are below:

Bahamas
1677346384189.png

Florida
1677346455179.png

The Juliet sails from Miami part of the year Juliet Sailing and Diving Scuba Liveaboard Dive boat There are multiple reviews on SB.

I don't know of any other liveaboards from SE Florida or the Keys, do other divers? I'd love to hear about them.

In 2015, my son and I did a 5 night/4 day Wreck Trek aboard the M/V Spree out of Key West. We did 15 dives on the Spiegel Grove, Duane, Eagle, Thunderbolt, Adolphus Busch, and Vandenberg. Back in the day, the cost was $1829. Sadly, the Spree has been gone since 2016

Last year I did a 9 night/8 day trip to Tiger Beach and Bimini on the Dolphin Dream Tiger Shark Diving It was a great trip Trip Report - Tiger Beach and Bimini on the Dolphin Dream, March 11-19, 2022 Their price list is below:

View attachment 771559

Jim Abernathy's Scuba Adventures offers liveaboard trips on the Shear Water Scuba – adventures They offer trips to Tiger Beach and Bimini. They apparently also offer trips off the Florida coast. Their price lists are below:

Bahamas
View attachment 771566

Florida
View attachment 771567

The Juliet sails from Miami part of the year Juliet Sailing and Diving Scuba Liveaboard Dive boat There are multiple reviews on SB.

I don't know of any other liveaboards from SE Florida or the Keys, do other divers? I'd love to hear about them.
problem is that it's VERY pricey. I'm running a November trip on the Bahamas Aggressor liveaboard and it's quite a bit less...and fairly high-end.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom