New Aqualung Flagship Full Color Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqualung, my friend, don't you start away uneasy
You poor old sod, you see it's only me

Sorry, that's the other Aqualung
??????????????????????

i love the new look unit
simple to use and easy to read!!!

Do the numbers showing on the computer display in post #1 make sense? 249 ft depth, 599 No Deco, 599 Dive Time? I'm just a rec diver so never been to that depth or under that long.

??????????????????????
Hi @gizmo1972

If you were born in 1972, as your name suggests, you may simply be too young, album came out in 1971, a very good year
upload_2018-9-2_13-56-5.png

Hi @gizmo1972

If you were born in 1972, as your name suggests, you may simply be too young, album came out in 1971, a very good year
View attachment 477885

Yeah, one of the few albums, which penetrated the “Iron curtain” and helped us to survive and resist the communist nightmare. An “aqualung” back then was a generic name for all SCUBA devices, which were very difficult to obtain as they could help someone to escape from that Soviet paradise.

I have no issues with a rechargeable computer. For what it's worth my Eon has 500+ divs on it, is 4 years old and teh battery still has a similar level of use time as it was from new. Although I can't comment on the AL I easily get over 25hrs between charges, I happen to charge mine every other day (over night) on a trip to be sure. My Perdix still requires me to charge AA batteries (as I don't use disposable ones)

Computer lock outs. Unless you're engaged in multigas deco it's a non issue.

A computer will only lock you out if you've blown through your deco. If you're just on back gas and have gone into deco without the gas (or time) to honour the obligation - well it's your own fault.

I personally don't' care for bluetooth but that's because I don't' use mobile devices to log dives. The bluetooth standard Shearwater uses is not forgiving of older versions.

Colour screens are great, however the angle they can be viewed can be important. For instance the screen on the Eon has a wide viewing angle, the perdix does not and suffers from glare. If I'm on a scooter for instance I have to wear my perdix on the left wrist and make a physical movement to read the computer. The Eon because of the large viewing angle can sit on my right wrist and be read at a glance.

Price is of course everything.

Is this going to be better than the i750TC? Terrible battery life and very difficult to see in bright light.

oh it is soooooo much better than the i750tc so much!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom