Aqualung i770R bug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
daniel Azuelos
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought an Aqualung i770R in may 2022.
At the end of my 22nd dive with this computer, with a battery recently fully loaded,
the screen stayed locked on this content:

Aqualung_i770R_14-10-2023.bug.jpg

None of the 3 buttons was working with a short or a long press.

24 hours later, it was still on, displaying the same content.
The 3 buttons were still not working.
How to fix this to be able to use it for the next dive?
What may cause this behaviour?

How may we reboot it as we have to do with a poor PC running Windows?

Did some owners of a recent i770R experienced the same blocking for 24 hours?

What does Aqua Lung say? consumersupport-EMEA@aqualung.com

Sorry, I have no experience with an Aqua Lung dive computer. Do you have Bluetooth access to the computer through DiverLog+ on your phone? Alternatively, have you tried to connect to the dive computer with the USB cable to your computer running DiverLog software?

Best of luck

I had the same thing occur on two separate occasions. Both times I had to allow the computer to sit until the battery was drained, then recharge it. It worked fine after that, until it happened again a couple of months later. Both times it happened I was on a dive trip, doing multiple dives and it happened both times on dive #12. After the second time I sent the computer back to Aqualung. It was out of warranty but they replaced the motherboard at no charge. It has not happened again.

I had the same thing occur on two separate occasions. Both times I had to allow the computer to sit until the battery was drained, then recharge it. It worked fine after that, until it happened again a couple of months later. Both times it happened I was on a dive trip, doing multiple dives and it happened both times on dive #12. After the second time I sent the computer back to Aqualung. It was out of warranty but they replaced the motherboard at no charge. It has not happened again.

May we conclude that draining the battery is the only way to reboot this computer?
This could become a serious problem on a planning where one intend to make 2 dives a day.

How much time could it take for a fully charged battery, here 99 %, but the display doesn't refresh.

May we conclude that draining the battery is the only way to reboot this computer?
This could become a serious problem on a planning where one intend to make 2 dives a day.

How much time could it take for a fully charged battery, here 99 %, but the display doesn't refresh.
Draining the battery was the only way to reset it. I tried pressing buttons, hooking it up to my laptop, even taking it on another dive, but it would not reset. Draining the battery took about 18 hours but it was only at 50-55%.

I was doing 4-5 dives a day both times it happened. I used it on trips before and after the first time it happened without a repeat. Then, on another trip, it happened again. I had a backup computer so I used it during the i770R’s downtime.

I have exactly the same problem, my image on the screen is exactly the same as OP. I agree this is not acceptable for a piece of safety equipment. I did one dive and was on SI when I noticed it frozen...Awaiting a response from Aqualung.

Back
Top Bottom