Suunto Vyper Novo switching mode during dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greggien

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this.
I've been diving with a Suunto Vyper Novo since 2019. Serviced and battery replaced in January 2022. Since the service, it's done about 80 dives (300+ since purchase).
Last week, on a night dive, about 4min into the dive, I noticed that my computer had switched from Dive Mode back to Time Mode. At the time I was at about 10m. The computer had been in Dive Mode when I entered the water. I pressed the Mode button to switch back to Dive Mode. Back in Dive Mode, the computer displayed the ‘Er’ message rather than bottom time etc. It still displayed Air and Depth. I understand that the ‘Er’ message indicates an algorithm lock, meant to be a safety feature due to repeated alarms not appropriately responded to. I am not aware of any alarm or any reason for an alarm and the dive had been pretty standard to that point. I continued the dive and the computer again switched From Dive to Time Mode for no apparent reason.
My surface interval from my previous dive was approx. 50 hours (surfaced about noon Tuesday 15 Nov - entered the water on night dive at 19:17, Thursday 17 Nov). On the previous/Tuesday's dive the ‘Low Battery warning’ had appeared on the screen during the dive but then disappeared. ‘Battery OK’ appears during the start-up check ahead of the night dive.
This has happened once previously approx. 3 – 4 months ago. Similar situation, part way through a dive, nothing out of the ordinary with the dive when it just switched Modes.
Grateful for any clues.

Can you take into a dealer for them to check? Sounds like a glitch (?)
I'm checking with the dealer who seems to think it may be an issue with the pressure sensor and is checking with Suunto. The dealer hadn't heard of the issue before. THought Id ask here to see if anyone else has encountered it.

I’ve encountered it on a previous generation Vyper, and was told it was the pressure sensor. Unfortunately not fixable in my case.

Back
Top Bottom