Computer Aqua Lung i770r alarm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GingerDives

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am having several issues with my Aqualung i770r Dive Computer. Purchased in 11/2022 and only used for 12 dives. Suddenly I am issues with the alarm - despite having the alarm set to audio, it no longer makes any audible sound. I have synced the settings, reset the computer, and attempted to reach out to Aqualung for support. Has anyone had a similar issues? If so, how were you able to resolve it?
Also, I cannot accurately read the screen underwater (I do not need or wear corrective lenses). If anyone has had a similar issue, what display settings do you recommend?
Thanks!!

I am having several issues with my Aqualung i770r Dive Computer. Purchased in 11/2022 and only used for 12 dives. Suddenly I am issues with the alarm - despite having the alarm set to audio, it no longer makes any audible sound. I have synced the settings, reset the computer, and attempted to reach out to Aqualung for support. Has anyone had a similar issues? If so, how were you able to resolve it?
Also, I cannot accurately read the screen underwater (I do not need or wear corrective lenses). If anyone has had a similar issue, what display settings do you recommend?
Thanks!!

Is the screen timing out on you? There is a user configurable setting that you pick how long the screen will stay lit in order to read it before it dims to percentage of light you pick.

I have mine at 100% brightness before dimming after one minute to 30% which is enough for me to see it if the sun is out on a shallow dive. You get it back to 100% brightness by pushing the upper right select button.

Thanks!!
I’ll try mine this weekend when my wife is using it. From what I remember, the alarm works but is VERY quiet. I’ll try and post Sunday or Monday after we use it.

Ahhhh, your response makes absolute sense. Just checked and it is set to dim after 2 minutes and I did not know about how to restore the brightness using the upper right select button. Thank you so much!
Is the screen timing out on you? There is a user configurable setting that you pick how long the screen will stay lit in order to read it before it dims to percentage of light you pick.

I have mine at 100% brightness before dimming after one minute to 30% which is enough for me to see it if the sun is out on a shallow dive. You get it back to 100% brightness by pushing the upper right select butto

I’ll try mine this weekend when my wife is using it. From what I remember, the alarm works but is VERY quiet. I’ll try and post Sunday or Monday after we use it.
Thank you….I look forward to your response!

Thank you….I look forward to your response!
So we dove Sunday and Monday. I think she hit her alarm Sunday, and I did Monday. She is using the i770R, and I am using a Pro Plus X. Honestly, I didn’t hear either alarm. We dive one last time Thursday, I will try and have her listen for it.

So we dove Sunday and Monday. I think she hit her alarm Sunday, and I did Monday. She is using the i770R, and I am using a Pro Plus X. Honestly, I didn’t hear either alarm. We dive one last time Thursday, I will try and have her listen for it.
Thank you for the update! So I’m wondering if it is just a volume issue then?? Mine is fairly new and I know that I heard a beep when calibrating the compass, but never heard an alert under water. I’m pretty diligent about checking it frequently just wish it made an actual audible alert if needed. Have a fun and safe dive on Thursday!

Same here, we are both new divers and working to be diligent about checking the computer. I really wish the alarm was crazy loud so you couldn’t possibly miss it.

@GingerDives, I told my wife to listen for the low pressure alarm tomorrow. She told me she heard it on one of the earlier dives. She said it’s not loud, but it’s noticeable.

I've been diving mine all week so I turned alarms on to check the volume. I had turned them off after my first dive when I first got it because it made so much noise it was terribly distracting.

But I heard both of the alarms I had set, as did my buddy. Not super loud but loud enough to notice. I'd say it's a bit louder than my old Vyper which I routinely missed hearing.

Back
Top Bottom