New Aqualung Flagship Full Color Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the color screen looks like a really nice computer, but I just bought a shearwater perdix about a month ago.

A big question would be 'whats the worst case battery life', worst case would be full bright. With an integral rechargable battery charging can become an issue. From the manual:
"Use only the included Aqua Lung cable to charge the battery. This process will take an average of 1.5 -2 hours
with a wall charger and 3 - 4 hours charging from a personal computer's USB port."
Also:"The battery is a factory replacement item and is not user servicable."

Another item that popped out on a quick scan of the manual which concerns me was this statement:

"If you exceed certain limits, the i770R will not be able to help you get safely back to the
surface. These situations exceed tested limits and can result in loss of some functions
for 24 hours after the dive in which a violation occurred."

OK I am not fan of nanny mode on a computer locking me out but if a manufacturers lawyers insist on including it at the very least explain in detail in the manual what specifically will trigger a lockout.

Attachments

• i770R_owners_manual_EN.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 196
They did, Gary. It's the "certain" limits. :D I thought everyone knows that. Just like everyone knows the algorithm that ScubaPro and Soon2 use. :)
If you exceed certain limits, the i770R will not be able to help you get safely back to the
surface.

What algorithm does it use? Couldn’t see it in the specs
As @runsongas points out, it's Z+, same as Oceanic, Aeris, Hollis, etc. PZ+/Pellagic Z+. This is a middle of the road decompression algorithm based on Buhlmann ZH-L16C, with uncertain/undocumented changes. It runs somewhere around a GF hi of 85, give or take.

Aqua Lung touts features of the i770R like TFT screen, Bluetooth, rechargeable Li battery, 3 button navigation ..., but is very quiet about the decompression algorithm it runs. On their website, it is mentioned only if you carefully peruse the specs. In the manual, kindly supplied by @gopbroek it is briefly mentioned on p29 and again in the technical data pp98,100,

Nearly $1,300 for computer and transmitter, and you get the Z+ deco algorithm. For just a touch less, you get the Perdix AI with transmitter. For a little more, you get the Teric and transmitter. For technical divers, there is no question. For mainly rec divers like me, well, I think there is no question. Aqua Lung obviously thinks differently, and, I would imagine, will be relatively successful, it's Aqua Lung.

ive used the i770r for its testing i must admit its very nice piece of kit and i could break it either!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom