Never been to Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maybe VR24 and DRTYJRZY are buddies. . .

Sorry, didn't mean to start a turf war. :D

Thanks for the great information. As always it will be a tough choice to narrow down where to go because both areas sound like good destinations. I may have to choose Key Largo just because of the Spiegle Grove though.

Riiiiiight. You REALLY want to go to Key Largo because you think that we Fort Lauderdale area thugs want to slap you silly and take your lunch money.

J/K!!!!

Enjoy your trip, wherever you end up. :)

Where did the bad man touch you? Show us on the doll...

images

Seriously though, I travel to Florida frequently and was just commenting about how much friendlier everyone (including strangers in the grocery store) is compared to people in the DC metro area. I think maybe you should get out more; travel to DC or NYC and then tell me how "awful, violent, dangerous, rude, and unfriendly" the people in Broward County are. :eek:hbrother:

Also -so it isn't off topic-, I've found the diving in FLL to be some of the best diving I've done.

Lol... you are comparing Florida to DC? Of course DC is horrible. I would never suggest to anyone to vacation in DC either. And are you forgetting that the tri-county area is pretty much populated by New Yorkers? So it's odd that you would say how terrible the people in New York are, as Miami/Broward/Palm Beach is basically overrun with New Yorkers and Haitian gangs.

Anyways, I wasn't really trying to cause a huge debate, I love how a few on this board (many of which I have actually dove with) - have taken my comments completely out of context in order to mock me, you guys are so cool!

And ONESPEED - I'm currently shopping for property in another state, although I'm debating whether to keep my condo or not, as the area is getting progressively worse - not sure what the point would be to keep it as a vacation home or even a rental, the tenant pool in Broward is pretty bad and not worth dealing with all the deadbeats.

Then, you can make stupid comments about how great it will be that I'm gone, but keep telling yourself that, because we all know you are in denial. It's no secret that all the good people are leaving this area, you need us more than you like to pretend :)

As for the original posters questions, I think I answered them responsibly. You can't be serious if you think that Fort Lauderdale will provide a better tropical vacation destination than the Keys. If the OP decides to visit Lauderdale, lets just pray they don't take a wrong turn and end up on Sistrunk.

Ciao.

Lol... you are comparing Florida to DC? Of course DC is horrible. I would never suggest to anyone to vacation in DC either. And are you forgetting that the tri-county area is pretty much populated by New Yorkers? So it's odd that you would say how terrible the people in New York are, as Miami/Broward/Palm Beach is basically overrun with New Yorkers and Haitian gangs.

Anyways, I wasn't really trying to cause a huge debate, I love how a few on this board (many of which I have actually dove with) - have taken my comments completely out of context in order to mock me, you guys are so cool!

And ONESPEED - I'm currently shopping for property in another state, although I'm debating whether to keep my condo or not, as the area is getting progressively worse - not sure what the point would be to keep it as a vacation home or even a rental, the tenant pool in Broward is pretty bad and not worth dealing with all the deadbeats.

Then, you can make stupid comments about how great it will be that I'm gone, but keep telling yourself that, because we all know you are in denial. It's no secret that all the good people are leaving this area, you need us more than you like to pretend :)

As for the original posters questions, I think I answered them responsibly. You can't be serious if you think that Fort Lauderdale will provide a better tropical vacation destination than the Keys. If the OP decides to visit Lauderdale, lets just pray they don't take a wrong turn and end up on Sistrunk.

Ciao.

At this point I say we just sit back and consider the source. VR24's brief but laughable posting history on SB has consisted of bashing local dive ops and now bashing the county he lives in. I have lived in Broward county my entire adult life and am yet to encounter a "Haitian Gang" even once. Sure we have our bad neighborhoods, as do all major cities, I've been to Sistrunk, Liberty City and Overtown and somehow managed to never have been stabbed or mugged even once.

What we have here are the clear rantings of a bigot and someone who clearly will find something to complain about no matter where he lives.

The best advice I can give is come on down and see for yourself, and feel free to look us up for local knowledge and a dive buddy should you dare come to this urban jungle.

BTW, it's pretty freaking awesome here, that's why we're the melting pot we are, because it's an awesome place to be and people come from all over the world to live here.

I feel extremely fortunate to live in Fort Lauderdale, VR24, no one is holding a gun to you head, you're free to go.

I feel extremely fortunate to live in Fort Lauderdale, VR24, no one is holding a gun to you head, you're free to go.

How do you know?

Sorry, didn't mean to start a turf war. :D

Thanks for the great information. As always it will be a tough choice to narrow down where to go because both areas sound like good destinations. I may have to choose Key Largo just because of the Spiegle Grove though.

No turf war, you'll be happy with either choice. :thumbs_up:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom