Never been to Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LetterBoy just won the "Funniest Post of the Month". :rofl3:

Does that mean its the funniest post of the year, so far?

:D

Sorry LB I actually get out and dive places... :tongue2:

I would say Cozumel and Belize have better diving than FLL (shocking, huh)

But I've seen cooler things in FLL than I did when I dove St. Kitts, St. Thomas, and Dominica.

And yes it is better than the quarry too :shakehead:
Those places are great - but you can't drive to them!

Being able to be in Key Largo in under an hour and in Palm Beach County in less than an hour and a half keeps me in Miami.

We are lucky to live in easy driving distance of the best diving in the country.

If you don't mind driving, you can have both. I have a time share in Pompano beach. We can dive Boynton, Lauderdale and Key largo. Granted it takes about two hours to drive to Largo.

Oh yeah, VR24, whats the asking price on your place? I'm in the market.

It's amazing how awful, violent, dangerous, rude, and unfriendly all the folks in S FL are :rofl3:

I so agree, you guys made the Dolphins game pure torture for my friends and I.

And the rest of the locals we hung out with that week who opened their homes to us, and loaned us tanks and weights were the most unfriendly sort you'd ever meet.

I so agree, you guys made the Dolphins game pure torture for my friends and I.

I for one would like to apologize for any abuse we may have given you or your friends, it was wrong and it was very, very rude. Let's face it, as Raiders fans you have already suffered enough.

Ditto to the other replys. I am in Orlando area and dive SE Florida and the Keys a lot. Jupiter, West Palm, and Ft. Lauderdale have some excellent drift diving sites. Let me know if you would like some recommendations. Right now is Lemon Shark mating season off of Jupiter and West Palm. Exciting dives with these very majestic sharks. Jupiter Dive Center I have used for these dives quite a bit. The keys have the best color and reefs, as well as some of the best wreck blue water diving, you just have to be aware of some really strong currents at times. Have been on the Spiegel and Duane many times and hanging on the mooring line like a flag. Reefs are the best out of Key Largo. Diving fairly good down toward the lower keys but reefs not in as good of shape or with as much wildlife. :)

Ditto to the other replys. I am in Orlando area and dive SE Florida and the Keys a lot. Jupiter, West Palm, and Ft. Lauderdale have some excellent drift diving sites. Let me know if you would like some recommendations. Right now is Lemon Shark mating season off of Jupiter and West Palm. Exciting dives with these very majestic sharks. Jupiter Dive Center I have used for these dives quite a bit. The keys have the best color and reefs, as well as some of the best wreck blue water diving, you just have to be aware of some really strong currents at times. Have been on the Spiegel and Duane many times and hanging on the mooring line like a flag. Reefs are the best out of Key Largo. Diving fairly good down toward the lower keys but reefs not in as good of shape or with as much wildlife.

Dear SaltDog55:

First and foremost, if you update your profile with certification levels, number of dives and the dives you have enjoyed the most, all of us out here will be able to give you much better advice in the future... Without that information, we are really just guessing and telling you what we would do!

That said, did you already decide where to go? If so, I hope you have a great time! If not, here is a quick perspective from someone who does not live in Florida. You pick the factors that mean the most to you and let us all know where you went and how much you liked it!!!

1. Number of wrecks -- Fort Lauderdale (over 70). The PD II has a dive where you drift 5 wrecks in 50 minutes.
2. Largest wrecks -- Key Largo (Speigel is over 500 feet)
3. Traveling with nondiving wife or buddy -- Fort Lauderdale (way more to do)
4. Traveling with single guy friends -- Fort Lauderdale (way more single women)
5. Traveling with hard care divers who don't care about activities after diving or meeting women -- Key Largo
6. Want to get away from the city and really just chill -- Key Largo.
7. Want to upgrade certification levels or demo gear -- Fort Lauderdale -- ProDive (954)776-3483
8. Want to go hard core tech diver -- Fort Lauderdale -- Fill Express (954)786-0661
9. Second honeymoon (i.e. dive and then dive into bed...) -- Key Largo
10. Beaches -- Fort Lauderdale

Hope this helps... Enjoy!

P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom