Never been to Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where did the bad man touch you? Show us on the doll...

images

*snicker*

Also -so it isn't off topic-, I've found the diving in FLL to be some of the best diving I've done.

Compared to quarries my bathtub is good diving. . .

Miami/Broward/Palm Beach counties are awful, violent, dangerous, rude, and unfriendly. The reef diving is sub par, the wrecks are pretty good, but Fort Lauderdale is better known for the quantity of wrecks more than the quality.

And really, there is a mass exodus of good people from Florida - just about every decent person has, or is moving from South Florida into the Carolinas/Tennessee/Georgia - so I'm not the only one who thinks this way :)

So, if I'm reading this correctly, you think that the people and diving down here suck, yet all the decent people have up and moved away. Leaving YOU stuck down here. Maybe it's people like you that give our neighborhood a bad rap. Personally, I love it here, and wouldn't leave for the world. :popcorn:

Compared to quarries my bathtub is good diving. . .

Sorry LB I actually get out and dive places... :tongue2:

I would say Cozumel and Belize have better diving than FLL (shocking, huh)

But I've seen cooler things in FLL than I did when I dove St. Kitts, St. Thomas, and Dominica.

And yes it is better than the quarry too :shakehead:

Personally, I love it here, and wouldn't leave for the world. :popcorn:

Ditto!!!! But I'm also a firm believer that some people are unhappy no matter where they go and simply love to complain.

If you can postpone your trip a bit you can join us for ScubaBoard's Invade the Keys IV, July 10-13 :) SBers from all over the world descend upon Key Largo for four days of diving and socializing. It was a blast last year!

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/invade-keys/

Its very tempting, but wont be able to do it this year. When I chose the dates, it was very stratigic, up here (Montreal) we have the 24th and the 1st off so that means by chosing to vacation around those dates, I get another 2 days of vacation =) I did it last year and 2 extra days is always good lol. But i will defenetly look into that option next time I book a FL vacation and will go to the keys and join the invasion =)

Regardless, when you are coming down please post here if you'd like some company. We love to dive with out of town SBBers! :)

Regardless, when you are coming down please post here if you'd like some company. We love to dive with out of town SBBers! :)

I will for sure post the exact days I will be around FL area. I would love to dive with you and or anyone else on here (except that one person that thinks you guys are all mean and violent lol), obviously I will be just certified before I get there so the card will still smell of new plastic lol. I guess we all start as newbies.

cheers:D

I will for sure post the exact days I will be around FL area. I would love to dive with you and or anyone else on here (except that one person that thinks you guys are all mean and violent lol), obviously I will be just certified before I get there so the card will still smell of new plastic lol. I guess we all start as newbies.

cheers:D

We were all newbies at one time. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding many great dive buddies down here. Come on down, the pool is open.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom