Need political uprising updates/Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Organized propoganda to loot the country and scare off the protesters. REALLY, reports from all cities coming in about the same pro-mubarak chants from civilian dressed police.

It sounds like the protesters should be pleased with Mubarak's announcement today. Maybe the next Egyptian president will be a diver!

Two weeks ago they probably would have been ecstatic but now they smell blood. Why give him another 6 months? They may fear this is their best shot and if they give him more time he'll just use it to benefit himself. And he goes back on his word, perhaps they won't be able to rally the same level of protest and he'll have had time to better plan for it. Right now, it appears Mubarak was caught off guard and unprepared for this.

I can tell you why they do not give him another 6 months...
In his speech he addressed not going to be elected and change in the constitution that will be done by the parliament... this parliament has lots of question marks about its validity, most of the elected ppl came through violence, bribes and forgery... do you know that you are not allowed to vote unless you have a voting card not just your ID. this voting card is out only in 2 months of the year and it has to go through the police and the police will decide you will get one or not...
with the police supporting the system, many voters were not able to vote and others were given multiple voting rights !!!

This speech is a replica of a situation back in 1954 where Nasser faced protesters and gave a similar speech and after couple of months many ppl were arrested and directed propaganda worked fine and he stayed for good !!!

Thats why protesters and opposition want him out and still protesting despite that some thugs went t violence against protesters after the speech but the protesters with the help of the army stopped them....

The security situation is calm, food is not YET a problem, fueling your car needs to stay in a long line but we are surviving... at least until friday where they call it the day for leaving ....

Yep! :D Finally! I have been bored poopless for the last week! All well and good in Sharm at the moment, although cigarettes are becoming scare...

Mubarak is refusing to step down, and has managed to drag some supporters into the square where they are picking fights with the demonstrators.

This is where it might get really scary.

Cheers

C.

many thanks...

am watching the news closely - and am not ungrateful for the calmative affects of a few bottles of Sakara....

C.

I feel sick. I felt sick from the moment I watched Mubarak's cynical address. I knew nothing good would come of it but hoped it would not get real bad.

But his divide and conquer and utterly cynical approach appears to be working. Sending in stooges and plain clothes police to stir things up. The army playing patsy and allowing them through.

Things risk getting very bad now. My only hope is that the play on Mubarak's side is so transparent that he will have over played his hand, both in terms of popular anger and international opinion.

This is just my analysis from afar. Please those who are around let me know what is going on. Are events on the ground as cynical as they seem?

Where The **** did all these 'pro-mubarak' ppl come from? Where were they over the last week?

Come on - this is a charade. A dark, cynical, nasty, mean and awfully wrong charade that will have deathly and unforeseen consequences.

J

yes it is as cynical as it seems, he managed to make people dispute about whether they should wait and see or should it end now... and here I am talking about the majority of people who think and have brains...
now to the pro-mubarak protesters they are divided into 3 groups:
1- very little who believe that he should stay
2- majority who are employees in different governmental companies, petro-chemical industry..etc. which were ordered to go on protests pro-mubarak orelse they will be punished at work
3- the rest, which are organized mob, paid for leading the protests and extending chaos.. those on horses and camels for example... those who were throwing molotov bottles and finally the teenagers on the buildings tops throwing stones on the other side... (by the way, in the short rests between attacks the anti-mubarak guys were cleaning the square from the glass and residues of the attack) and these were paid to by business men of the ruling party read this for more info check this post (arabic) and my translation on facebook:
?? ??? ?? ????? ???? ????? ??? ?????? ???.. - ????? ???? ????? - ?????? ?????? - ????? ??????
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_146578565399910&ap=1
(look for my post under the name of Mohamed Selim related to www.shorouknews.com)
I am not pro mubarak, but in fact my personal opinion is that his presence now is needed to keep the unity, however a clear agenda of what will change is needed and not tailored just to skip the situation
I am against the corrupt system that is terrified to lose his cake ....

One final note, after yesterday's vague speech there was a debate between people whether to wait or not and many people sympathized with him especially when he said that he will die and get buried in Egypt (we Egyptians are emotional.. you know that) . Also the new prime minister on a TV talk yesterday a well committed to the safety of protesters in the square ... now with today's events it seems he lost a lot of support that he gained from the speech....
People are comparing between anti-mubarak or let me say they should be named anti-regime protesters who stayed in the square for over than 6 days and no single shop was broken or vandalized and the pro-mubarak or pro-regime protesters who in less than a couple of hours turned the screen red, broke everything in the square even the road asphalt .... these are no real egyptians seeking to support anyone, these are mercenaries ....

sorry for the long speech but I am very depressed after what I saw today... I thought it would not get worse than what we saw few days ago but it seems I was wrong ....

Back
Top Bottom