need info for Pump House in Folsom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, when are we going to have a crawdad boil?
I'm back in Sacramento & ready to do some cooking !!!

Ben_ca; I'd recommend a flag, just to be on the safe side.
About that fishing license; I'd be willing to bet that the DFG lads would want to see one, though as long as your daughters (under 16) caught AND handled them, you'd be in the clear.
If you so much as lay a finger on a pole, net, bag, etc, you'd better have the paper to back it up.
I'll check to see if there are any closed seasons, etc.

I might be able do it in a couple of weeks. I am going to the cleanup day next saturday in Monterey, but after that, no plans yet??

I had planned 3-4 days of diving 2 weeks ago in Monterey and ended up in E.R. getting my appendix out.

So, 2 weeks later I'm getting close to recovery and wanting to get wet again. :lifter:

Thursday mid week tweaks

Hi All,
Boomx5 and I have been getting together on Thursdays for a mid week tweak at Folsom.... It's a good chance to try out gear and make adjustments before making that long drive to Monterey.

Anyone else in?

Ben

Bob3 once bubbled...

About that fishing license; I'd be willing to bet that the DFG lads would want to see one, though as long as your daughters (under 16) caught AND handled them, you'd be in the clear.

Are you sure about this?

I had thought the rule (from reading it many years ago) was that a child need not have their own license to fish, so long as the adult accompanying them had one, and the limits apply to the total fish the two caught.

I surely could be wrong, but that's how I recall it.

Are you sure about this?
I'm only going by what I was able to find on the internet; navigating the state's web maze is an adventure in itself. Most states have their fishing regs posted in a clear & easy to read/understand format, no so with CA.

sooo... Kids under 16 can go fishing by themselves without having a licensed parent/adult along. There is no mention of them needing to be accompanied by a person with a license.
As I mentioned earlier, don't so much as lay a finger on anything if you don't have a license yourself.

Sec 700 (title14 of CFR)

(a) Display of Sport fishing License: Every person, while engaged in taking any fish, amphibian or reptile, shall display their valid sport fishing license by attaching it to their outer clothing at or above the waistline so that it is plainly visible, except when diving as provided in Section 7145 of the Fish and Game Code.

Person diving from a boat or shore may have their license on the boat or within 500 yards of shore, respectively (see Fish and Game Code Section 7145).

The law now provides for a minimum of $250 fine for fishing without a license.

LICENSE PROVISIONS

1. Anyone 16 years and older must have a fishing license to take any kind of fish, mollusk, invertebrate, amphibian or crustacean in California, except for persons angling from a public pier in ocean or bay waters.

============

5.35. Crayfish.

(a) Open season: All year, except for closures listed in subsection (d) of this Section:

(b) Limit: No limit.

(c) Methods of take: Crayfish may be taken only by hand, hook and line, dip net or with traps not over three feet in greatest dimension. Any other species taken shall be returned to the water immediately. Traps need not be closely attended.

(d) Closures for Protection of Shasta Crayfish: Fall River upstream of Spring Creek bridge, Lava Creek, Tule River and all connected waters upstream of Little Tule River, Sucker Springs Creek, Crystal Lake, Rising River and rising River Lake are Closed to take and possession of crayfish. (see Section 4.30 for prohibitions against crayfish use in sectons of Pit River:

(e) The season closures in Chapter 3 (District Trout and Salmon Special Regulations) do not apply to crayfish fishing by hand or with traps (see section 7.00 and 7.50(b)(1)).

Oh yah, tomorrow (27 Sept.) is a FREE FISHING day...

FREE FISHING DAYS - June 7 and Sept. 27, 2003

Hey Ben and BoomX, I only went to Folsom one time so I don't know too much of the lake. I went to Beals point. Where is some of the deeper water at Folsom? Is there any sites that show the different depth's? I couldn't find one so I thought you guys might know. I have been thinking of getting over there on weekends when I'm just not up for the long haul to Monterey. Kevin

Kevin,
I haven't really gone out in search of 'deep" water. We did hit 39 ft the other day and the bottom was still sloping. The dives we've been doing are mainly just getting wet and drills. I'm open to exploring other divesites, maybe if we consult a boating map with depths we can find an interesting drop off to explore.

Ben

We usually go out to Brown's Ravine when the lake level drops in the fall in the winter. We can usually get about 40'-50' of depth without having to swim to far but the vis. really varies. You can PM me anytime and I'd be more than happy to get together and go dive.:)

Bob3 once bubbled...
I'm only going by what I was able to find on the internet; navigating the state's web maze is an adventure in itself. Most states have their fishing regs posted in a clear & easy to read/understand format, no so with CA.

sooo... Kids under 16 can go fishing by themselves without having a licensed parent/adult along. There is no mention of them needing to be accompanied by a person with a license.
As I mentioned earlier, don't so much as lay a finger on anything if you don't have a license yourself.

Sounds like you are correct Bob...

Cool!

Thanks for the info.

Sean

Back
Top Bottom