need info for Pump House in Folsom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The cart really helped out. http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/kevjl2@sbcglobal.net We loaded 4 tanks and all of our gear and wetsuits with a cooler on top. It took the weight just fine but we had to slow it down so it wouldn't get away. On the way up with wet gear and crawdads, we split it up in 2 loads. It definitely made the trip more enjoyable. It is doable without this cart but we would have been much more tired. ANyway it was a great day. Kevin

Yup, thats the path. Its a little steep and some areas of loose footing. But we took our time and it worked out great. Kevin

I can't imagine anywhere near the pump house where you could wheel your cart. Did you go from the northside of the river?

If you go up a few posts, you will see the link to my folder that shows the pictures BOb sent me of the area. We took the Cart (whiuch is also shown on my links) down that path. Let me know if you can see it. Kevin

I scoped out the area Sunday. If you go to the powerhouse on the south side of the river, there's a path that starts behind the bathrooms. It's about 50-70 yards of gently sloping, 3 foot wide and flat, that ends in 8 shallow steps. Real easy to get a cart down. This is one beautiful and tranquil area for being so close to the city. It looked like the waterline had dropped about 4 feet fairly quickly, as the banks were still wet. I imagine they let loose some water now and then that might cause currents, but when I was there the current was nil. No powerboats, just kayaks and duckies.

You're right on...thats the place. I didn't mention the path behind the bathrooms because that is where I thought the only path was. That time we wheeled the cart right down the shallow stairs. Maybe the next time, we'll stop just before. PIcking up the hind end of the cart got a little heavy. But thats the place and theres great vis, lots of crawdads and a little current. All in all, I will definitely go back.

Can anyone sen dme the Folsom Pictures... I'll try to get out there this week and scout around... Any other dive spots? Where's the closest easiest access for diving in Tahoe?

Thanks

Ben
bvillao@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom