need info for Pump House in Folsom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went to Negro Bar today, across the lake from the power house.

My daughter and I wanted to practice exit and entery in the water on our new kayak. Rather do here than in the ocean next week.

Anyway, the visibility looked good, so when we were done I put on my gear and went in. Went in at the boat ramp and dove towards the bridges.
I dove 10 to maybe 18 feet for 20 minutes.
Lots of crawdads around and under the rocks.

Came home with 42 of them. Boiled them up, made some garlic butter and served them with dinner. They're a lot of work, but they are good.

boomx5 once bubbled...
How's the vis. and how deep is it out at Negro Bar?

I don't know how deep it gets farther out. I would have liked to take a look. I stayed in the shallow area.

The vis. was at least 15 to 20ft.

I worked my way up stream along the bottom.
There was a little current that moved the silt I stirred up the other direction. worked out well.

I have not dove the pump house, but I have dove for crawdads in Putah Creek, Near Winters. Lots of em there. If you go further up, the water is pretty clear, just look out for fishing line. I also took quite a few in the Truckee river up near Squaw Valley turn off, and Stampede Res. They are much smaller, but boy they taste good living in all that pure water! I let em sit in fresh clean water, for a few days so they clean out thier insides. On the colder lake I use a trap. Water is too cold for me.

Wow, didn't know there was clear enough water to dive here. I live in Vacaville. I always wondered about Putah and the dive stories near the dam. I heard its very deep and very low vis. But I always wondered about other parts of the lake. Like by the bridge and stuff. The biggest problem here would probably be drunk boaters........

Suisun here.... Let's plan something later this month. I'm in a DIR -F Class the first weekend of Nov if anyone's interested shoot me or Boomx5 a PM. If you are interested in "raising the bar" or even just a refresher this is a great chance. Personally I like the GUE's emphasis on exploration. There's a lot of site's that are un explored that would be fun to check out.

Ben

Cool, looks like a few of us are all pretty close. I PM'd Rick just recently. I have a AOW next week in Monterey. The 25th I'm open. The week after, I'm diving Peugot Sound. But any weekend after that, lets plan a dive. Looks like we have Boomx, Diverrick, Ben_Ca, maybe ALfredo and any dive Buddies within a pretty close area. Has anyone else dove any of Berryesa (sp?) or??

boomx5 once bubbled...
We have several of us that try and get together on a weekly basis to dive. Let me know if you ever need someone to go diving with and we'll all hook up.

we are getting together out at Folsom next thursday morning if you are able to join us. There may be about 4-6 of us just getting together to do a couple of dives in the morning then going back to work. Let me know if you can make it; we try and do it every week when possible.

Wish I could but I'm a Mon-Fri guy. Next weekend though I will doing my AOW, so at least I will be getting wet. We'll catch up sooner or later up there. Thanks Kevin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom