need info for Pump House in Folsom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevjl2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have heard of diving at a place called pumphouse or pwerhouse in either folsom or lake natomas but can't find it on maps. ANyone know how I can get there from bay area? Thanks Kevin

That sounds like what I heard. DO you know where it is? I heard its loaded with Crawdads, incredible vis and drops 30-50 ft pretty quick. Kevin

Well, sometimes persistence pays off. Made some phone calls and heres the scoop. Apparently its the old Historic pumphouse. My directions are go down 80 to MAdison, Take a right. All the way out past lake Natomas. Go over the old "Auburn-Folsom" bridge. ON the right look for the "Historic Pumphouse sign". Parking is right there. Apprently real easy access. Drops almost instantly to 45 FT. Great Vis, little current and has some interesting stuff. Tons O Crawdads. I'll be heading up there August 9th. Looks like I'm having a feast.....Shhhh don't tell anybody...Good divin y'all.... Kevin

so I decided to take a drive out there to check out the powerhouse since it's only about 20 min away, and here's what I found. The hike from the parking area to water is about 300 yards down a dirt path and numerous rock steps. Be careful, most of the walkway is made up of dirt and loose granite sand or pebbles. On my way down to the water I stepped on a rock protruding from the walkway and rolled my ankle pretty good. Anyway, I took some pictures of the area and I can email them to you if you would like; just let me know.:)

Would love to see some pics. Kinda bummed when you said a 300 yard walk down sand and stuff. That could make for a tiring day. Is the path big enough (or wide enough) to bring a garden cart to haul the gear? E-mail pics to kevjl2@msn.com. Thanks for checking it out. Always lookin.........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom