need help for key largo trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just came back from key largo and had a blast. The reef system was unbelieveable. Saw all types of sea critters including sharks, turtles, and game fish. Need to start a link on dive boat ediquette as my first dive boat expereince was interesting to say the least. The dive operators were nothing short of excellent and I highly reccomend "Horizon Diver's". Awesome crew and staff. However, some of the other divers needed to be fed to the local tarpons. dove eight reefs, and each was as different from it's prior. Also need to give a shout out to all fellow quarry divers. I appeared that us quarry diver are much better trained than any other diver who only dives on the local beach. I could not believe the amount of risk taking and stupidity displayed by some of the fellow divers on this trip. I can say they were very poorly or just didnt take diving serious.... but more on that later.

It's gonna be tough going back to 5ft visibilty in 55 degree water... Im moving to the keys as soon as possibly..lol

I think we need to start a survey on the number of divers from cold-water climates that spend most of the week after returning from the Keys conjuring up business/retirement plans to allow permanent relocation to the Keys. Have to think that number would be near 100%

Being a FORMER quarry diver from the mid-west, it only took one trip to Key Largo. I took an early retirement and moved south to the land of palm trees, warm water and wonderful diving!

MsParamedic:
Being a FORMER quarry diver from the mid-west, it only took one trip to Key Largo. I took an early retirement and moved south to the land of palm trees, warm water and wonderful diving!

Would that I could. I have a landscaping business that I've spent 15 years building to where it is now. And where it is now is that it can allow me to go on dive trips (6 so far this year:
1. Jupiter, Marathon, Tavernier, Crystal River, Ginnie- January
2. Ginnie- Feb
3. Bahamas- April
4. Myrtle Beach- April
5. Wilmington- June
6. Grand Cayman- June

Scheduled so far for the rest of the year:
Panama City
Wilmington
Catalina, CA

Thing is, I would be not only frightened, but financially unable to start over at square one. But I really admire people who see what they want, and change everything to get it. I work hard to be able to visit paradise; you live there. Not bad at all.

The dive operators were nothing short of excellent and I highly reccomend "Horizon Diver's". Awesome crew and staff.

I agree! Again a plug for the gang at Horizon Divers. They are great!

The diving was pretty incredible too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom