Need advice on cozumel drift dive op and a cheap pkg !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want a large tank and you're staying at Mary Carmen, you want to dive with Aldora. The Aldora pier is a 3 minute walk from your hotel and Aldora uses steel 120s.

I'll be there at the same time in September, staying a block north of you and diving with Aldora. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Where are you staying BTW , I am debating between Mary Carmen, Bahia and Casa Mexicana!

Where are you staying BTW , I am debating between Mary Carmen, Bahia and Casa Mexicana!
I'm staying at an Airbnb close to Salas/10th.

Bahia and CM are nice places, but unless you're really set on staying in hotels, an Airbnb is a lot more bang for your buck. You can find a whole apartment with bedroom/bathroom/kitchen/patio/etc for under $30 a night, and during September it's easy to negotiate a lower rate with the owner. It's a slow month and they'd rather have their place filled at $20/night than empty at $30/night.

Airbnb® | Cozumel - Vacation Rentals & Places to Stay

Thx much...
Only advantage of a hotel in my opinion is the security guards!

I'm solo diver, so Airbnb would be great, but is Airbnb safe in cozumel?

Any advice or tips how to choose a safe place right in town! Thx

Burglaries are common on Cozumel, the cops ineffective, so be well insured. I like hotels with 24 hour front desks. My trip insurance and home insurance combined covers me well, but who wants to deal with that crap and the insurance claims.

Thx much...

Suites Colonial, which is across the street from Mary Carmen, is also a great choice. It is part of the Casa Mexicana and Suites Bahia family and includes the daily buffet breakfast at Casa Mexicana. It is quieter than the other 2 hotels and the least expensive. It is my preferred place to stay. Very secure hotel and extremely clean.

Thx much...

If you think you need security guards, stay in a hotel.

You aren't flying into a war zone. Cozumel is about as safe as it gets in Mexico, despite what many old people think.

I've been staying at Airbnbs in Cozumel and all over the Yucatan for years. Never had any issues.

As to burglaries, yeah they happen. Using common sense will prevent most of them. In Austin, if I leave a nice mountain bike unlocked and sitting in my driveway overnight, there's a good chance someone will grab it. Same thing in Cozumel. Keep your stuff locked up and and out of sight, always.

If you want to stay in downtown Airbnbs, the area I'd stick with is here:

san-miguel.jpg

Occasional theft doesn't scare me it's everywhere. .. as long as there isn't serious crimes against tourists in cozumel im ok!

swim around and through the wreck for 40 minutes or so...

I got bored to tears after about 5 minutes. What did you do for 40???

Back
Top Bottom