Need advice on cozumel drift dive op and a cheap pkg !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last Award ticket i booked to Nassau, the was a protection plan option idk the amount but took it since i went to aqua cat Bahamas in sep(hurricane season)...

But got lucky, i felt like Jeff Bezos for a week, what a trip! Washing machine was great.... thus got interested in drift dive lol

I really want to do that Washing Machine dive.

I really want to do that Washing Machine dive.

Aqua cat bahamas was the best decision of my scuba life.... the crew is amazing, exumas, ulethra was like heaven! Cost per dive is way cheaper....

$500 says you're wrong. I take PayPal.

I don't understand... are you asking for a wager? I'm going to decline.

And I apologize if you felt my "all diving in Coz is drift diving" was an exaggeration. My point to the OP was that he wanted to find drift diving in Coz, and I wanted to assure him that he wouldn't have to go searching for it.

That makes me wonder if you've ever been to Cozumel.

Yeah... more than some, not as much as others.

A few years ago it seemed like the going rate for a two-tank dive was around $60 to $65, including a discount for diving several days. A few months ago we paid TP $400 for 5 dive trips (including tax), which is the price on their website. And most of the popular dive shops seem to be around that price (at least on their websites.) The single day price for most of them is now $85 to $90. I'm sure taxes and operating expenses have bumped the prices. I'm all for getting back to the $60 price if you can direct all of us to the operator that offers that kind of price.

Nevermind... just saw DjDiverDan's post about Dive with Martin. I guess I need to shop around just a bit more. Thanks...

Hi all.
Booked with AA savers miles to cozumel sep 15-20 5 nights 4 day dive, just me. No family this time lol.

Will book Mary carmen hotel in cozumel (read good reviews in Google)

Debating between:
Dive with martin, salty endeavors, scubatony, scubadu still. Gonna contact them for deals.

Importantly will rent BC, reg, and a BIG air tank...so... which op is known for best equipment servicing
And using the newest gear?

That's a major factor for me... thx pls advice!

I can't offer any advice about those folks, but I can join you for a beer while in COZ. Let me know if your interested.

Hi all.
Booked with AA savers miles to cozumel sep 15-20 5 nights 4 day dive, just me. No family this time lol.

Debating between:
Dive with martin, salty endeavors, scubatony, scubadu still. Gonna contact them for deals.

Importantly will rent BC, reg, and a BIG air tank...so... which op is known for best equipment servicing

One key factor - DWM provides FREE gear rental. I've never used it as I have my own, but it's a potentially significant savings worth looking into. Given that they are already one of the lowest cost charters, you might save enough to help BUY your own gear for the next trip.

None of these companies can offer you more than an AL100, so you aren't getting the biggest tanks you can possibly get in Cozumel....if that's important to you. Can't comment on servicing or gear. But all are well-known ops with lots of customers so gear is probably OK. Oddly enough, I happened to visit Trip Advisor today and noticed that every single dive op in Cozumel was rated 4.5 out of 5 stars. Read into that what you will.

Hi all.

Debating between:

If you want a large tank and you're staying at Mary Carmen, you want to dive with Aldora. The Aldora pier is a 3 minute walk from your hotel and Aldora uses steel 120s.

I'll be there at the same time in September, staying a block north of you and diving with Aldora. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom