Need a travel battery for heating, any recommendations ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Michael,
Do you know anyone who has experience with the SmartTex products? I’m thinking of ordering their heating panels for self assembly to do a project similar to your DIY heated vest from your blog.
Thanks in advance.
I have experience with the gloves. I own a pair and i've had no issues but I honestly do not use them very much except for February diving.

I have friends that purchased the socks and seem very happy with them. I have no personal experience using their heated panels but dealing SmartTex was very easy. They were super helpful when I ordered from them.

It has arrived, btw!

Turns out color is just for the band, I thought it was the top too? I swear they had the top in color too... Shame.

Anyhow, it's VERY MUCH 3D printed, nothing I'd consider low quality, but it doesn't even begin to compare to things such as the SANTI batteries nor Gralmarine.

Very DIY feeling, I think I will put my backplate in my drysuit bag from now (I always put it in my main bag with my gralmarine battery still attached, solid aluminum, it's dinged up but a tank) I feel like this battery will need some ok-ish handling to not break it and thus keeping it on the backplate in my main bag has me a bit worried.

I have experience with the gloves. I own a pair and i've had no issues but I honestly do not use them very much except for February diving.

I have friends that purchased the socks and seem very happy with them. I have no personal experience using their heated panels but dealing SmartTex was very easy. They were super helpful when I ordered from them.

Thank you sir. I've never ordered from them before and wanted to confirm they were a real company.

Maybe look at the halcyon nimh canisters because there are no restrictions on flying with those.

glad that my recommendation got chosen! I haven't bought it yet since Thor never reply to my emails.... How was the overall built?
I used batteries like this before, after a couple of uses, you will say to yourself " This is a piece of junk" too many parts. Every time you take it apart and put it back together, you increase the chances of leaking. There is a reason why some batteries have over pressure valves, because they leak. The leaked water gets turned into hydrogen gas plus oxygen gas. So, you have dangerous lithium-ion cells, 12 pcs in explosive gas. This all falls into the category of sketchy.

Back
Top Bottom