NCWD Wreck Diving April 2-3 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D

dwright

I spoke with Discovery today and I need a head count of who's DEFINITELY going to make and for which days. Once I commit, we'll need to have a deposit for the first day of diving, and pay for the second day 30days after that, so I'll need to collect money. Here's the pricing.

1st day - 1/2 day 2x25 minute dives on the Indra. morning trip will be $50/person
2nd Day - Full day offshore Diving the Spar and the Aeolus $85/person
Bunkhouse is $14 per person per night. Include an extra $5.00 for renting sheets, or just bring your own so you don't have to pay the sheet rental.

Tanks:
Alum. 80 Nitrox - $12 air - $5
Alum. 100 Nitrox - $18

If you get the first day with 80's and air and the second day with 100's and nitrox and 2 nights at the bunkhouse it's $209

Same as above but 80's with nitrox on day 2 is $197

Payment should be submitted to Dale (PM @ dwright) by January 7, 2005 so we can reserve the boat. I need $50 for Sat and $85 for Sun. $135 for both days.

I figure we'll do the morning trip and have a cookout or go to dinner somewhere afterward and get ready for day 2 The Aeoulus usually has sharks but I don't know about that early in the year.

Here's who I have in my head that's coming, so please let me know:

Charlie NCDiver2004 AKA- Both Days - confirmed
Mel AKA suthnbelle1968 - Both Days - confirmed
Ken AKA kwikert- Both Days - confirmed
Jason AKA JasonB - Both Days - confirmed
Pedro AKA pairizarry - Both Days - confirmed
Dale AKA dwright - Both Days - confirmed
PlankSpanker AKA Henry - Both Days - confirmed
Glenn AKA NCNightDiver - Both Days - confirmed
Vanessa AKA Wreck Goddess - Both Days - almost confirmed
Volkey AKA Seawitch - Both Days - confirmed
Bobby F - Both Days - confirmed
Kris - Both Days - confirmed
Paula AKA Mrs. Prages - Saturday only - confirmed
Paula's hubbie - Saturday only - confirmed
Corigan AKA Matt - Saturday Only - confirmed
KylePReid AKA Kyle - Saturday Only - confirmed
CapeFear AKA Mike - Both Days - confirmed
Barzie - Both Days - confirmed

18 divers for Saturday (diving the Indra)

14 divers for Sunday (diving the Spar and Aeolus )

Dale, are you getting any "work" done at the office today?

I know the perfect place for dinner in Atlantic Beach. The Island Grille. We definitely have to eat there one night. Maybe the last night after dives.

not really :wink: and the Island Grill is a great place to eat...

Hey Dale,
Diving nitrox might not be a bad idea on day 1 after all. I got to thinking about when I did a 1/2 day on the Indra in Oct. If anyone uses tables, and dives a square profile, you're in deco....
70 ft for 25 minutes is an L diver
25 minute surface interval takes you to an H diver.
Now another 70 ft dive for 25 minutes.....BEEEEEP.....5 minutes over NDL.
I seriously doubt anyone is going to dive a square profile, but the potential is there so maybe nitrox is the better choice for this dive as originally planned...sorry. Especially since we will be diving again the next day.
Looks like $223 will cover both dive days, bunk house for 2 nights, 2 Al 80 nitrox tanks, and 2 100 Al nitrox tanks. Let's go diving!
Oh yea, I'm in for both days.

Jason

Will we be staying Friday and Sat. night, or Sat. and Sunday?

All you girls out there better start signing up! I don't want to be the only woman on the boat!

I was looking at staying Friday and Saturday night. Gotta work on Monday!:wink:

Jason

Just a ? about the full day diving off shore. What are qualifacations needed? We are just OW now & are doing our Nitrox cert this Dec.We have dove The Indra with Discovery twice,but dont mind doing it again, especally probably be 1st boat dive of season.Definitly interested will talk with wife/buddy.

there is no "restriction" on what c-card you have. If you're comfortable in going to the offshore wrecks, we can get you out there. Let me know for sure RAD as I'll need to collect money sometime around the first week in December. Just for the dives though so $50 and $85 is $135/person. If we decide to do a full day at the Indra(which is my personal preference) it will be $75/person so that would be $160/person. I suppose that we could risk losing the boat and wait until after the holidays to make the payment but I'd hate to get beat to the punch :wink:

The plan is to stay Friday and Saturday at the bunkhouse so we can head out Sunday after the dive. Bring warm clothes as it may be chilly on the boat rides and between dives.

Dale - I vote for full day at the Indra also! Kristi (another girl Mel!) and I are in for Saturday, I'm in for Sunday - don't know if Kristi is in for Sunday yet. We'll be staying Friday and Saturday nights. So Island Grill either Fri or Sat - Mel, Dale? We'll probably be heading back Sunday after the dive (given we can shower at the Lodge???).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom