NCWD get together Dec 5th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to shoot for 10:30 for Sunday - maybe a little warmer by then....

Ken, Jason - is it 11 am or 12 noon for the drysuit class - I originally told Dave 11, but I think its moved to 12 noon?

Diving dry....hmmm....Sunday....Nah!!! Wouldn't want to upset the new mod!!!

Charlie,
I couldn't remember the original time we decided on so when David emailed me and I asked I said we'd be there by noon. He said that would be fine.

Jason

Jason B:
Charlie,
I couldn't remember the original time we decided on so when David emailed me and I asked I said we'd be there by noon. He said that would be fine.

Jason

I just called David and told him not to rent drysuits to you guys for Sunday!!! Seriously, I did! He laughed of course. He said the waters are a warm 80 degrees, oh wait I thought I was back in Key Largo. Okay, at 35 ft it is 57 degrees. I'll be fine in my 7 mil. Last May I dove the quarry in a 3mil in 60 degrees. My toes were blue but I did it! Also, he said he was in the water on Tuesday and vis is at twelve feet. You guys don't stir the silt up too much on Saturday while you're floating around in the drysuits.
He did say once we get below 35 feet it drops to low 50s. I guess you all can give us a report after your Saturday class.

I was in Portage Quarry in OH late October - 59 degrees top to bottom - Lake Rawlings was 59 also at the bottom - so - looks like shallow dives on Sun!!!! :frosty: Guess I'll try to double up a 3 mm shorty over a 3 mm full... Or rent a drysuit!!!!! :D

So we meeting out there around noon on Sunday? Who all's coming?

Charlie posted that he is going to be there around 10:30. So I will be there around
10:30 also. If yall decide to meet later, Post so I will show up when everyone else does. See yall there.

Glenn

Hey NCWD'ers,
I just got back in from Fantasy Lake and the drysuit class. It started getting dark so David, the instructor, knowing that we were coming tomorrow anyway, asked if we could finish up our last dive tomorrow morning. Long story short, Charlie, Ken, and myself will be there at 10:30 suiting up to do our last drysuit dive at 11:00.
Ken has his torpedo heater and David showed us where we can get power from to run it. May not need it as it's suppose to be pretty nice tomorrow (63ish). You'll see us as you pull in, red dodge pick-up, red toyota pick-up, and gray toyota pick-up.
I hope you guys will still come even though we may be diving dry... my suit leaked all day so I was wet :( - the wrist seals don't like my skinny wrists at all which reminds me, I need to go throw my undergarments in the dryer.
I know Mel asked us not to kick up the silt to bad - we didn't, but the instructor sure did, ask Charlie. It's not as bad as it was last time we were there, but it sure isn't like the Lake Rawlings outing. Hey, it's a quarry, we're going for the get together and camaraderie mostly right. It will also give us a good chance to talk out some of the details (face to face) about the upcoming springs trip.
Hopefully Charlie will chime in when he gets home (Ken's staying in Raleigh overnight).
Look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow.

Jason

I'll be there around 11:30 or 12:00 so don't dive wet before I get there :wink: Bring your deposits for the April trip if you can...$135 is what I need for those diving both days.

Hey guys!

We had a pretty good time, though we were all going through a bit of a learning curve.

It's nice to get out of the water dry, however for the in water stuff I honestly believe I would rather dive wet. :11:

I guess it would take 10 or 15 dives to really be comfortable and dial everything in...

Looking forward to tommorow as well, probably more getting wet than dry. :wink:

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom