NCWD get together Dec 5th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D

dwright

Okay guys, where do we want to go? I'm in for either Rawlings or Fantasy Lake, but I think I'd prefer Rawlings based on viz :wink:

Hey Dale,
Charlie, Ken, and myself will be diving Fantasy Lake this week end so we will report in with the vis from there. Either one is fine with me.

Jason

I can do Rawlings or Rolesville. Depends on the water temp and vis.

What kind of suit will you all be wearing? I don't think I'll be hitting the lottery (since NC doesn't have one) anytime soon so I won't be buying a drysuit this year.

Dale, Jason, All: I gotta say, if Rawlings holds up with the vis like last weekend, I'd vote for there, even if its 45 min further for me. But, I'd probably go to either place!

Mel - some of us hearty types (read with extra padding) like me were in 3mm in 64 to 59 degree water on Sat. Some were comfortable in 5mm. Wreck Goddess was in a 7mm shorty AND 7mm full, and was still cold... So, its kinda what "suits" you. I image that the thermocline will invert in either lake by Dec - so we should expect cold constant temps - no relief above 25 feet like Sat at Rawlings. I'll probably double up on the 3mm (shorty and full) and brave it out.

NCDiver2004:
Dale, Jason, All: I gotta say, if Rawlings holds up with the vis like last weekend, I'd vote for there, even if its 45 min further for me. But, I'd probably go to either place!

Charlie!

Are you calling me All? I don't merit enough to get my name included with Dale and Jason?? J/K

BTW, are you diving wet or dry on the 5th? Did you take your scooter to Rawlings? Maybe you can bring it on the next get together. As much as I'd love to try it out, I don't know if you should trust me with that piece of equipment. It would be like an I Love Lucy episode gone bad!

Okay Charlie, I just saw your second post. I've dove in 60 degree water with the 7mil and was comfortable. May have to layer a bit but I'll be fine.

Well, y'all, the only reason for that is that I was typing a reply AS you were posting yours - so I only saw Jason's and Dale's....Never fear, I'd never slight a lady! I'll bring the scooter - you can have first dibs- no one tried it out, guess cause we were all caught up - and I didn't take it out of the bag and some of the folks who came later didn't hear about it. Should have at least one more battery if not two (three total) by then, if I can just find my Dremel tool....gotta modify the battery terminals.
suthnbelle:
Charlie!

Are you calling me All? I don't merit enough to get my name included with Dale and Jason?? J/K

BTW, are you diving wet or dry on the 5th? Did you take your scooter to Rawlings? Maybe you can bring it on the next get together. As much as I'd love to try it out, I don't know if you should trust me with that piece of equipment. It would be like an I Love Lucy episode gone bad!

All,

I will try and pencil in Sunday, December 5th. Based on what I have heard about Fantasy Lake and what I saw at Lake Rawlings, Lake Rawlings would have my vote. I would definitely like to try out Charlie's scooter as well. Hopefully December 5th we'll have an outdoor temp at least in the 50's and hopefully in the 60's.

Pedro

I think that they rent scooters at rawlings as well so we could get a couple of them and putz around. I know they rent them at Fantasy Lake. $15 for half day

Back
Top Bottom