Where do you wish you were diving right now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

where do you wish you were diving today? If Scotty could beam you and your gear anywhere, where would it be?
In da water somewhere.

Great... but I don't see any life on this wreck at all - so how was the other poster wrong ?
Well I've been to Florida, Mexico, numerous places in the Caribbean, the South Pacific, Komodo, Raja, Bali, a couple of Michigan inland lakes, and yet on any given day , hands down with a great group of island buddies and a terrific dive operator, this is where I would choose to be,

Turtle Reef Grand Cayman

Realistically, in Nassau with Stuart Cove. Then if I really had my fancy with no limits, it would be on San Salvador, Bahamas from the Riding Rock, but they don’t dive much any more. 😢

Froggie 🐸

Well I've been to Florida, Mexico, numerous places in the Caribbean, the South Pacific, Komodo, Raja, Bali, a couple of Michigan inland lakes, and yet on any given day , hands down with a great group of island buddies and a terrific dive operator, this is where I would choose to be,

Turtle Reef Grand Cayman
That is a great spot (or at least it was - but there has been massive bleaching and SCTLD impact in the Caymans) - it was a great night dive spot as well.

However, if being truly honest, the diving there still pales in comparison to spots like Raja Ampat, etc., in terms of biodiversity, health/condition of reefs, etc.,..

That is a great spot (or at least it was - but there has been massive bleaching and SCTLD impact in the Caymans) - it was a great night dive spot as well.

However, if being truly honest, the diving there still pales in comparison to spots like Raja Ampat, etc., in terms of biodiversity, health/condition of reefs, etc.,..
I didnt say anything in regards to the quality of the diving. At this point in my life after thousands of dives, it's not just the diving but the friendships along the way.. This is my happy place , where I can easily go, have a relaxed dive , poke along and see what surprises the reef has instore and shoot the breeze afterwards at the friendly bar with dive buddies and friends.
I know all about bleaching and the SCTLD, and the lionfish, and the overpopulation and the disappearing beach, and more..I gather I probably have spent far more hours on this reef than most on this forum.
The question asked wasnt about the diversity nor quality of dive site, it was where you would choose to be diving today?:wink:

Pacific North West, but on an actual trip with a boat and everything! Just got back from Victoria, Henderson, Ogden, Ten-Mile, all the usual shore dives were fine. Just missed the Sea Dragon boat at Horseshoe Bay over the weekend. Wish I were on Hornby, the Nautalus Swell, or somewhere with a steady diet of really great cold water diving. At least there’s still Gods Pocket.

I didnt say anything in regards to the quality of the diving. At this point in my life after thousands of dives, it's not just the diving but the friendships along the way.. This is my happy place , where I can easily go, have a relaxed dive , poke along and see what surprises the reef has instore and shoot the breeze afterwards at the friendly bar with dive buddies and friends.
I know all about bleaching and the SCTLD, and the lionfish, and the overpopulation and the disappearing beach, and more..I gather I probably have spent far more hours on this reef than most on this forum.
The question asked wasnt about the diversity nor quality of dive site, it was where you would choose to be diving today?:wink:
Understood - just was not sure it you were aware of recent developments there - no ill will intended!

I just came back from Little Cayman and was shocked and saddened by the bleaching - I wish I had gotten there a few years
ago!

I find my thoughts drift diving into the fantasy world of "I'd rather be diving" more and more these days. As our next dive trip approaches, we are already talking about where to go after that.

Since my thoughts are thousands of miles and a few hundred feet of elevation separated from my body, I figured I might not be the only one. So I ask you - where do you wish you were diving today? If Scotty could beam you and your gear anywhere, where would it be?
I spent last week in Ireland and wanted to dive but when I phoned the dive shop in Galway their was response was yore crazy. Seas are too rough and they were. Maybe next trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom