NCWD get together Dec 5th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All,

FYI
According to the Lake Rawlings website http://www.lakerawlings.com/aboutlakerawlings/operations.htm

Off-Season
November 16, 2004 through March 14, 2005.

Visits during the off-season are available by appointment only.

Qualified scuba instructors and certified divers can make a reservation to dive by calling (800) 583-3781 whenever Lake Rawlings is not open. The gate key will be available most weekdays and weekends. Divers must leave their c-card and a $10.00 deposit with the caretaker until the key is returned.

Who knows we might get the place all to ourselves.

Pedro

kwickert:
I wonder if I will be able to get tanks since it's off season :11: I will email them tonight to check on that.

Ken
Hmmm....gotta think about buying tanks now....especially if these local get-togethers keep up! Lets see, AL80, Neut Bouyancy AL80's, Steel 100's, HP Steel....choices, choices. Any opinions?????

OK - steel - 80's or 100's or 120's???
Hey Charlie,
Can't be penalized for carrying to much air.
How much do you usually have left at the end of a dive? Does your tank pressure pretty determine your dive time?
After this nitrox course on Saturday you'll be able to stay down longer (if diving on nitrox of course) which means you probably want a larger tank.
How about the new E7-100's.
They are steel.
2 inches shorter than an aluminum 80.
Negatively buoyant when empty.
If filled to 2640psi you get 80 cu ft of air (more than an aluminum 80).
If filled to 3000psi you get 89 cu ft of air (more than an aluminum 80).
If filled to 3442psi you get 100 cu ft of air (about 33% more than an aluminum 80).

See ya Saturday!
Jason

I agree with Jason, the pressed steel E-7 is an amazing tank, and would be my first choice. It has a din fitting with a yoke insert so you can use it both ways. The only problem is that they are difficult to find, hopefully that will change in the next couple of months. Here is some more info:http://www.fillexpress.com/library/cylinders.shtml

Let me know if the link works.

Ken

Go for the E7-120 :wink: It's neutral when empty...I have lp 104's that have been recerted to +10% so that's ~115

OK - I looked at pressed steel and read the info on the link (thanks!). Now to come up with the $350 and FIND one.... But its probably worth the wait - right now the extra gas would be helpful, and I have tried a steel 100 and liked the weight off my belt and on my back. Thanks guys - see you tomorrow about 9:00!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom