NCWD get together Dec 5th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi folks!! Ken - glad you found the hotel - really enjoyed dinner with you! Like Jason and Ken said - it'll take some time to get used to a drysuit - however, THIS newbie was happly to hear that his dive buddies felt like he does all the time (right now) - its like learning to dive all over again!!! (Sorry Ken and Jason :D)

Just downloaded the dive from the borrowed computer, 41 min dive, 58 ft max - 53 degrees :frosty: However - 57/58 degrees above the thermocline - so 7mm should keep you warm Mel!! Dave's watch said it was 49 degrees at the bottom next to the ship... It was great to come up and be dry (no leaks here!! - you need fatter wrists, Jason :lol2: )

Hey Charlie, glad you had a safe return home, and glad Ken found a hotel. My undergarment is now dry. I took a bucket of water to rinse the sand of the wrist-seals from when we undressed, I noticed a small hole in each wrist-seal! I'm hoping David will let me put a piece of duct tape on them tomorrow. Might keep me dry!
Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
Drive safe everyone.

Jason

hey guys,
sounds like you had fun with the drysuit prep yesterday- you are hardier than me. I just got back from diving the keys for thanksgiving and thought that was cold. Although I can't make the April trip (conference conflict) keep me posted for the next one.

hope you all enjoy the dives today!

Hi Jackie - haven't heard from you in a while! We're going to Ginnie Springs/Devil's Den Feb 18-20 - check this thread - got room for one more!!!

NC Wreck Divers Feb Springs Trip

munkispank:
hey guys,
sounds like you had fun with the drysuit prep yesterday- you are hardier than me. I just got back from diving the keys for thanksgiving and thought that was cold. Although I can't make the April trip (conference conflict) keep me posted for the next one.

hope you all enjoy the dives today!

I hope you guys had a fun day diving. What were conditions like? Since I couldn't dive I wanted to at least go out and see you all but I ended up falling asleep. I think I get meself a sinus infection. Yuck!

Viz was a wonderful 2-3 ft and the water temp was a cozy 60 on the surface and as warm as 55 at depth. I had one 20 minute dive and had to wimp out. Ken, Jason, and Charlie all kept the drysuits for the day though they said they were still cold. Glenn wins the manly man award for diving wet and being the last one out of the water :wink: We missed you Mel, but you didn't miss anything as far as diving goes. We may have our picture on the Fantasy Lake website soon though something to do with "Key West in Rolesville"

dwright:
Viz was a wonderful 2-3 ft and the water temp was a cozy 60 on the surface and as warm as 55 at depth. I had one 20 minute dive and had to wimp out. Ken, Jason, and Charlie all kept the drysuits for the day though they said they were still cold. Glenn wins the manly man award for diving wet and being the last one out of the water :wink: We missed you Mel, but you didn't miss anything as far as diving goes. We may have our picture on the Fantasy Lake website soon though something to do with "Key West in Rolesville"

I don't think the temp would have bothered me but I'm glad I didn't drive out there for that kind of vis. I do hate that I didn't at least visit with you guys but I was resting up trying to get rid of this head cold.

I guess the next trip/get together for the group will be our Florida Springs trip in Feb?

Dale exaggerates - the vis was more like 4-6 feet (of course, that was BEFORE Jason, Ken and I (maybe a little contribution from Scuba Dave also??) kicked up all the silt before he and Glen hit the water...) Viz was about 3 inches at the ship on Saturday - shoulda had a light... Would have liked to have seen you, Mel, but better to stay and rest on that kind of stuff - my SO has just "turned the corner" after a MONTH of fighting the nasty sinus/bronchitis stuff. Glenn does get the "manly" wetsuit and time in water award, Ken gets the chef award (more "uncrustables"!) AND best looking in a drysuit award and Dale gets the tech award for the new canister for his DIY light. Dale also fails to mention he was diving a 3mm in that cold! Jason - well - he gets the "dive wet with Dr. J" award....LOL :wink: My thanks to Jason for leading me on the "explore the rock crusher from the inside" tour! Good times had by all! Wouldn't mind getting together at a local joint for dinner and libations in Jan - although there was some talk of a New Years Day dive.....
dwright:

NCDiver2004:
Dale exaggerates - the vis was more like 4-6 feet (of course, that was BEFORE Jason, Ken and I (maybe a little contribution from Scuba Dave also??) kicked up all the silt before he and Glen hit the water...) Viz was about 3 inches at the ship on Saturday - shoulda had a light... Would have liked to have seen you, Mel, but better to stay and rest on that kind of stuff - my SO has just "turned the corner" after a MONTH of fighting the nasty sinus/bronchitis stuff. Glenn does get the "manly" wetsuit and time in water award, Ken gets the chef award (more "uncrustables"!) AND best looking in a drysuit award and Dale gets the tech award for the new canister for his DIY light. Dale also fails to mention he was diving a 3mm in that cold! Jason - well - he gets the "dive wet with Dr. J" award....LOL :wink: My thanks to Jason for leading me on the "explore the rock crusher from the inside" tour! Good times had by all! Wouldn't mind getting together at a local joint for dinner and libations in Jan - although there was some talk of a New Years Day dive.....

I want a tour of the rock crusher, however, I know it must have been freezing down there. I feel worse today so I'm really glad I didn't dive yesterday.

If we could plan a new years day dive that would be great but I know it may not be possible. maybe we all can give it a thought and see what we can come up with. Maybe during the holidays we can also plan to get together for dinner. How about around the time Kristi is in the area?

Back
Top Bottom