National Geographic Diving Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree Walter, too bad they don't funnel some of that money into training. Which brings up another question. Is PADI privately held?

Somebody asked me whether taking the course he will get job with NG ????
Thats what I call height of optimism.

dzer0:
I definitely don’t like the thought of having that theme music in my head every time I whip out that card though, that is actually a really good point that I hadn’t considered.

I wonder if you could combine one of those wallet "beep when a credit card is missing" things with a recordable greeting card chip to get the theme to play every time you whip the card out of its holder.

"Are you open water certified?"

*whip* Da duh duh da duh, da duh duh da duh duh da duh duh boom boom

"That and more."

Diver Dennis:
I agree Walter, too bad they don't funnel some of that money into training.

We all know that's not going to happen.

Dzer0,

The NG program is really an initial certification...

As you are o/w certified you have a wide variety of options ahead of you based on the kind of diving you plan on doing.

Why dont you tell us about your goals. As you posted this in the Tech section... assuming your not just trolling for laughs perhaps you are interested in the tech route. If so agencies such as IANTD, GUE, NAUI and others have robust programs that will take you from your current basic o/w cert to where ever in the Technical relm you wish to go.

A personal recomendation for you is to look very closely at GUE training. You are close to Ft. Lauderdale and you can contact Brownies Southport Divers which does have an excellent GUE Instructor. I'm sure that your diving will be kicked up a notch or two (but be sure to check your ego at the door) LOL.

Its a great trip... enjoy

Tollie:
You are close to Ft. Lauderdale and you can contact Brownies Southport Divers which does have an excellent GUE Instructor.

He's closer than you, but he's over 600 miles from Fort Lauderdale, not what I'd call close.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom