National Geographic Diving Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evad:
"You'll learn to observe and explore like an underwater scientist."
Just like the ones I see grabbing, crawling and kneeling on the reef in every Discovery Channel program?

Roak

roakey:
Just like the ones I see grabbing, crawling and kneeling on the reef in every Discovery Channel program?

Roak

Yes, only more stylized. Remember, they're not real underwater scientists.

This is great - magazine-themed certificates: please wake me up when I can become a certified PADI Playboy Diver.

I'll be the one on the dive boat clad in a dressing gown, wearing a gold chain and 70's style sunnies, with a martini in one hand a bikini clad model in the other...

Cheers,
Rohan.

dzer0:
Does anyone have any real insight into this? Please tell me it’s not just another attempt by PADI to take my money!

Put Another Dollar In and be happy about it. If you enjoy getting the cert. then it is well worth the money. Ask any PADI ad agent.:crafty:

Tassie_Rohan:
This is great - magazine-themed certificates: please wake me up when I can become a certified PADI Playboy Diver.

I'll be the one on the dive boat clad in a dressing gown, wearing a gold chain and 70's style sunnies, with a martini in one hand a bikini clad model in the other...

Cheers,
Rohan.

Well, if you looked at the site, which hilarious on its own, you may have noticed that not only do well rounded chicks dig it, but hey, guy-dolphins like it to.

Tollie:
Hi,
If you are not yet certified and your public profile does not indicate your status, you would be better off posting this in the new to scuba section. There will be folks there who have actually been thru the NG program.

I want to update my dive profile but no options exist when I click on that category; in firefox the entire board goes white and in IE it’s just empty, devoid of field. I am open water certified, planning on getting advanced and nitrox in October.

Personally I think this seems like a rip off but I was hoping someone might have gone through the program and had something interesting to say about it. The program offers classes for those that are certified as well, and like I said, it seems like advanced + photography + AWARE so maybe it’s not such a bad idea to those newer to the hobby/sport wanting to get a good grasp in that direction.

I definitely don’t like the thought of having that theme music in my head every time I whip out that card though, that is actually a really good point that I hadn’t considered.

dzer I definitely don’t like the thought of having that theme music in my head every time I whip out that card though:
And it will never stop.

evad:
Well, if you looked at the site, which hilarious on its own, you may have noticed that not only do well rounded chicks dig it, but hey, guy-dolphins like it to.

Think she'll dive with us if we get the cert?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom