NACD Intro - 58cf Limit - Why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All that is the MINIMUM. Doesn't make it the best. Instructors can add their own requirements, if the market will bear it.

I submit it is the instructors' job to explain the risks and espouse the virtues of redundant equipment.

Cave diving is a low density sport. The less you have entering the sport, the more those in the sport have to pay to attract the manufacturers to research, design, and implement cave diving equipment.

Attract the student with minimal costs, then once they are addicted, hit them up with the rest of the costs. It's a tried and true marketing ploy since the dawn of time.

is that what we're going to let dictate training standards now?

they're selling cave training, not steak knives.
might be time to step away from scubaboard for a while and think this stuff through.

is that what we're going to let dictate training standards now?

they're selling cave training, not steak knives.
might be time to step away from scubaboard for a while and think this stuff through.

Funny - I'm just supporting the way the agencies are doing business now.

So, what do YOU think they should require, and why? Let's start with Cavern . . . are the current limitations okay?

If not, what should they be?

If the limitations are okay, then look at equipment. What is the minimum equipment for cavern, in your view?

Don't you think it's a bit odd that all the dudes with hundreds of cave dives and no financial incentive at all are suggesting the use of redundant equipment? And the ones trying to sell you a class are advocating cheaper nonredundant gear?

Think it through. Youre smart enough to see why's going on here.

Don't you think it's a bit odd that all the dudes with hundreds of cave dives and no financial incentive at all are suggesting the use of redundant equipment? And the ones trying to sell you a class are advocating cheaper nonredundant gear?

:huh: AJ - I'm agreeing with you guys on the redundant equipment . . . I am fully 'dressed', thank you.

I'm just saying that I think the agencies are doing just fine the way they are. I will just about never support new rules / restrictions / laws, however.

:huh: AJ - I'm agreeing with you guys on the redundant equipment . . . I am fully 'dressed', thank you.

I'm just saying that I think the agencies are doing just fine the way they are. I will just about never support new rules / restrictions / laws, however.

And NO ONE has advocated lesser gear, btw . . . neither instructor nor mentors.

A single tank is lesser...

Did my curiosity about the 58cuft lead you to think someone was advocating a single tank?

Just because a single 72cf is the absolute minimum, doesn't mean anyone is advocating[\i] it. Au contraire, everyone told me to dial in my doubles before thinking about anything advanced.

and we are disagreeing with your uninformed opinion.
take a trip to ginnie springs and look around at the slobbering masses they are churning out of those classes.

that makes too much sense :D

and we are disagreeing with your uninformed opinion.
take a trip to ginnie springs and look around at the slobbering masses they are churning out of those classes.

Ah! Nope, absolutely I cannot speak to that.

I guess I got my funny opinion from all you fine cave divers on the forum. :blinking:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom