NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

During my hiatus from cave diving I got into road bike racing throughout the Florida circuit. You've seen nothing until you've watched a bunch of grown-up 35+ year old men wearing spandex with shaved legs fighting over a $50 first place win.

As a pro figure skater my girlfriend lives in a prima donna, backstabbing, unseat you from the podium, self-centered, all about me, whiny world ... and SHE thinks cave divers are the biggest babies she's ever met. :D

Makes we wonder if we would be more docile if we knew there was a Tonya Harding in our company, and we were all Nancy Kerrigan :)

---------- Post added June 3rd, 2015 at 03:12 PM ----------

wearing spandex with shaved legs fighting .

Plan on changing your Facebook profile picture for TBT tomorrow? :)

Plan on changing your Facebook profile picture for TBT tomorrow? :)

The Tonya Harding thing is a good point. But let me be the first to officially request Trace NOT post an old picture. I mean, maybe of his girlfriend.....

The Tonya Harding thing is a good point. But let me be the first to officially request Trace NOT post an old picture. I mean, maybe of his girlfriend.....

don't encourage him

.. OP says instructor doing AN/DP in LOG,.... ...

everything you're saying is irrelevant. the thread is about an instructor teaching an INTRO diver to dive trimix in lower orange grove. WELL above that diver's pay grade

Hmm.. maybe I missed something sweeping through these endless pages, but I do not recall the OP say anything of what the actual accusation is..
This LOG stuff had been mentioned a lot, but nothing official unless I am wrong.
Please correct me and lead me to the passage saying differently..

In fact this is what irritates me most about this, is that the announcement is made that an investigation is going on, Due to severity the instructor has been suspended, but no word on what the actual accusation is.

I really can see no harm in actually publishing what the accusation is.
In any legal system I am aware of it gets known to the public of what the accusation consists of..
The during investigation/trial one is innocent until PROVEN guilty..

There really seems to be a lot of prejudgment going on without even knowing what the accusation really is..

I am curious to learn about the accusation and then the result..

I really can see no harm in actually publishing what the accusation is.
In any legal system I am aware of it gets known to the public of what the accusation consists of..
The during investigation/trial one is innocent until PROVEN guilty..

Need to look at the NACD bylaws but on issues that can be considered personnel in nature,these may be treated in confidence.

I am curious to learn about the accusation and then the result..

The problem is they are making up the rules and the accusations as they are moving along.

They just want to get rid of him, that's all. Much the same as it was with Bert Wilcher, Curt Bowen in 2012.

They just want to get rid of him, that's all. Much the same as it was with Bert Wilcher, Curt Bowen in 2012.

You, Pete Murray, and Eric A have said this. My question has been, and will continue to be, "Who?" Who is wanting to get rid of him? Feel free to message me if you don't think this is the right place.

Need to look at the NACD bylaws but on issues that can be considered personnel in nature,these may be treated in confidence.

The problem is they are making up the rules and the accusations as they are moving along.

So does he even not know what he actually is been accused of and suspended for?
If so that does not sound like "fair trial/process" to me at all!

I can understand the bylaws showing some protection for personnel issues, also probably related to not wanting to open doors for potential litigation in regards to making personnel matters public..
But this should not be applicable to the one actually being accused, should it?

I have no stand here. If in fact it was the LOG thing etc. which is the basis of the accusation, I would not even have an opinion whether this might or might not be acceptable as I do not know the place..
There seems to be a majority here at least who think that it would not be acceptable.. But I wouldn't know..

To me as a bystander the whole process of publishing the fact of suspension on a regular scuba forum (not even cave forum) as well as apparently not to the affected (the NACD members themselves) and not revealing even the actual accusation and the investigation taking so long really seems very very odd..

Due to that I can understand everyone coming to a conclusion that something smells fishy about the sequence of events and the way of publishing etc...
I have not come to that stand yet but I am definitely leaning this way more and more with what can be followed here and the more time lapses..
Unfortunately a lot is relating to rumors, hearsay and third party statements.
If ones interest is transparency, time is of an essence in such things as well, because the longer it drags out the more it appears that it actually might be the intent to have the "desperate housewifes club" actually rumoring and chating for the single purpose of exactly that..

Just my 2 cents in this

Feel free to message me
With what? More rumors? More animosity? More divisiveness? Many in the cave community have this malignant lust to be "in the know". It's like they derive some power or pleasure from finding all the dirt, real or imagined, on as many people as they can. Then they go around, with that knowing look, that is based mostly on fabrication, innuendo and distorted second/third party accounts, and give those rumors legs. This a sixth grade mentality. I refuse to form my opinions based on such hearsay and and other peoples' hostility. Moreover, I refuse to feed the machine generating that crud. Let me be the first to point out that the 'machine' isn't on the internet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom