NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The travesty regarding the event we are all talking about is:

1. The class was not an NACD class, it was a class for a different agency involving trimix training

2. From what I heard, none of the students even carried an NACD intro certification, they were certified by a different agency

3. The entire process (requirements, limitations during class etc.) was according to said agencies standards

That’s kind of like arresting a German guy in Florida for a gross traffic violation because, on his way to the airport in Germany, he was going faster on the Autobahn than the Florida speed limit allows.

What cave cert did they hold?

The travesty regarding the event we are all talking about is:

1. The class was not an NACD class, it was a class for a different agency involving trimix training

2. From what I heard, none of the students even carried an NACD intro certification, they were certified by a different agency

3. The entire process (requirements, limitations during class etc.) was according to said agencies standards

That’s kind of like arresting a German guy in Florida for a gross traffic violation because, on his way to the airport in Germany, he was going faster on the Autobahn than the Florida speed limit allows.

Right. What was the agency they were training under, CDS?

Btw, all Germans should be arrested anyways!!! :angrymob: bastards! lol I'm Brazilian (insert soccer smiley here)

My thoughts exactly and I hope Rick will finally tell us exactly that, plus the training standards that have allegedly been violated during this event.

You would think facts are being checked before suspending someone and posting about it on the Internet, maybe not so much?

My thoughts exactly and I hope Rick will finally tell us exactly that, plus the training standards that have allegedly been violated during this event.

You would think facts are being checked before suspending someone and posting about it on the Internet, maybe not so much?

Speaking Generally here and not to any specific person: You are all running on a rumour spinning wheel going no where. I am not sure where you are getting your information on this standard or that standard, this violation or that violation. Especially since standards are available, even here in a post on scubaboard.

I understand people do not like quiet, quiet causes rumour, people don't know so they conjecture. The NACD will not suspend someone for a violation of another agencies standards there would have to be a connection. In due-process the accused is allowed to face his accuser. BUT just like the accuser being required to come forward providing information , so must the accuse to counter the information, this is the investigation process.

People don't like process, they want immediately to prepare the gallows, Process causes delay and delay causes rumours. Inquiring minds want to know , they even demand that the information be provided. They are impatient.

The process shall and must be used, Measures must be taken that may not seem or appear prudent to some but are done with reason as part of that process.

If you want to resolve and get to the final outcome to an investigation then apply pressure to those who should be coming forward. Tell them to provide their evidence, their statements and witnesses. Tell them to give up the proof and to stop making complaints unless willing to back it up.
Tell them to stop worrying about hurting someone's feelings or thinking that "Nothing will come of this because it is the ol'boys network" That sort of thinking is BS and ferments the rumours.

YOU WANT THE ANSWER TO ANY INVESTIGATION THEN GO AFTER THOSE WHO COMPLAIN TO PROVIDE THE PROOF, THAT'S HOW IT GETS SOLVED

The investigation is ongoing, AND THE PROCESS WILL CONTINUE

Last edited:
So after posting this in a public forum you are now saying you don't have any proof? Why would you have not privately suspended the instructor and even if it was found the standards were violated I can not think of any reason to post it publicly. I see lots of reasons for the NACD to do the investigation but keep it quiet and not post it in the public arena. This to me makes it look like a squable inside the NACD and the current BOD and especially yourself (since you posted it) look very unprofessional and vindictive. Am I wrong in this assumption?

If you want to resolve and get to the final outcome to an investigation then apply pressure to those who should be coming forward. Tell them to provide their evidence, their statements and witnesses. Tell them to give up the proof and to stop making complaints unless willing to back it up.
Tell them to stop worrying about hurting someone's feelings or thinking that "Nothing will come of this because it is the ol'boys network" That sort of thinking is BS and ferments the rumours.

YOU WANT THE ANSWER TO ANY INVESTIGATION THEN GO AFTER THOSE WHO COMPLAIN TO PROVIDE THE PROOF, THAT'S HOW IT GETS SOLVED

The investigation is ongoing, AND THE PROCESS WILL CONTINUE

So you are essentially saying you suspended your instructor BEFORE you had proper proof to back up your claims?

You basically suspended him on hearsay and rumors and are now waiting for your "witnesses" to back up their claims?

And still, in absence of evidence, you went public with the suspension, damaging his reputation as an instructor?

Rick, with all due respect, have you lost your mind?

So you are essentially saying you suspended your instructor BEFORE you had proper proof to back up your claims?

You basically suspended him on hearsay and rumors and are now waiting for your "witnesses" to back up their claims?

And still, in absence of evidence, you went public with the suspension, damaging his reputation as an instructor?

Then again, what do you expect from a bunch of 2 year olds?

Btw, all Germans should be arrested anyways!!! :angrymob: bastards! lol I'm Brazilian (insert soccer smiley here)

My favorite day in all of motorsports was the day AFTER the 2002 FIFA World Cup. Rubens Barichello (Brazil) beat Michael Schumacher (Germany) the day after Brazil beat Germany 2-0. Rubens, under his nomex, wore a shirt celebrating Brazil 2 - Germany 0. Both the score of the World Cup, and celebrating two victories for Brazil over Germany....the F1 race and the World Cup.

isn't it SOP in situations like this across many professions to suspend during the investigation and then clear afterwards? Police are probably at the forefront of this. If he violated training standards and was reported with enough evidence to suspend, it meant that the violation was an incident that put students safety in danger, as such he should be suspended from teaching until it has been determined whether the incident was isolated or not. Same thing if a cop breaks the rules to the point that it could lead to their expulsion, suspend them until the investigation is complete to ensure that another incident doesn't occur. They can't safely allow him to continue teaching if the accusation was such that a students safety was in question, reason; what happens if he commits the same violation again and the result is student death or hospitalization? Student then sues instructor, and then the NACD when it is found he was already under investigation for a similar incident but was still allowed to teach. If he didn't suspend them then he would have lost his mind, suspending him is the safest course of action for both the agency, the instructor, and any potential students.

Responses in red!

I have been enjoying diving for the last 28 years, this is the first time ever, ever, that I've experienced racism and discrimination, 2015! DISGUSTING!!!

---------- Post added April 22nd, 2015 at 11:40 PM ----------

Why not let him answer it himself...

Racism and discrimination, come on. Grow up. I think you're getting your panties a little overbunched on that one.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom