MythBusters and stupid-diving-tricks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like some episodes better than others, but I typically find them pretty entertaining and sometimes educational. I personally don't find them all that irritating.

I like the show too. I usually find it very entertaining, but I haven't seen the whirlpool episode. I don't trust there results, but the show is fun to watch. I know of several "experiments" they have conducted, and gotten wrong results. Their graindust explosion, and truck gas milage with the tail-gate up or down come to mind right now.

FD

I never saw them mention any grating covering the 8" to 12" opening in the bottom of the tank that the 200hp plus motor was sucking into. It could have caused serious injury.
Yea, but think of the great TV that "could" have been. It could have made great reruns on Sipke too!:11:

I enjoy the show, even though I find the results from some of their testing to be invalid and the conclusions drawn from some of their results to be invalid.

The whirlpool is the only one I have been worried about safety on so far.

In any case, they are at least doing some testing, which gives anyone wanting to try the tests some pointers on what to watch for.

I like the show, but it seems like some of their myth's are getting "out there". Like they are running out material of the normal urban legends and having to find stuff to test.

When you have them testing "Fonzy jumping the shark" episode, you know it'll be over soon.

I just started watching this recently, it's amusing. They seem to be pretty safety concious. I haven't watched the whirlpool one yet so don't have an opinion on that one, though it sounds a little sketchy. I do think in some of the bits they show on TV they pretty much knew what the results would be beforehand just from common sense, or they already tried without a person and just didn't use that footage. But they want to show a progression of attempts before getting to the big bang.

As far as accuracy, hey, it's entertainment.

I think this program is hilarious. They always are looking at safety, except the time they blew Jamies eyebrows off. And not to mention, most of the things they test are really stuff that you can find some background on. In fact, I am watching it right now, and I have seen it before. Take it for what its worth. I think if you guys don't like it, it because your jealous that you aren't the ones getting to do all of this stuff and their shop is far better than yours.

Pretty fun and entertaining show in my opinion. Where else could you watch someone shoot a 50 cal rifle into an indoor pool?

Mike

Or watch them "water tourture" that hot chick :) oh oo, my wife might read this post ....

There is also an element of entertainment production here you know... There are producers, camera men, sound men, lighting staff, etc. etc. So personally I think there are far more saftey things going on that what we realise from just watching the edited production show...

So while they show some of these "bloopers" like the eyebrow's getting blow off, or that one guy smacking himself in the face on a metal pole, I personally think that at least *some* of that is scripted for entertainment. Though I'm sure some is real.

I love that show. I'm a Discovery Channel, History Channel, Animal Planet junkie

rottielover:
Or watch them "water tourture" that hot chick :) oh oo, my wife might read this post ....
oh yes, she is smokin' hot...smart & sexy :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom