My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Show up with Texas plates and a PADI Master Scuba Diver sticker on your back window and NO ONE talks to you. :lookaround:

:shocked2:

I sure am glad Marianna folk didn't mind the AZ plate that says "LN STAR"! :rofl3:

:shocked2:

I sure am glad Marianna folk didn't mind the AZ plate that says "LN STAR"! :rofl3:

They probably just figured you were confused.

They probably just figured you were confused.

:tongue2:

I just explain that I married out of the faith . . . that he's from Arizona. :wink:

And he promptly informs them that he "rescued me" from Texas . . .

And he promptly informs them that he "rescued me" from Texas . . .

My wife always says she escaped from Texas! :D

I gust read all 785 posts ( over a cupple days ) and I have been converted. When I go to doubles, I will SM them. Have you ever heard of anyone SMing al40 or Faber LP45.
Thanks ian

Reactions: Jax
I gust read all 785 posts ( over a cupple days ) and I have been converted. When I go to doubles, I will SM them. Have you ever heard of anyone SMing al40 or Faber LP45.
Thanks ian

Hope you'll share your story with us here, Ian!!

Thanks ian

Yes, some OW divers do that so they have the same amount of gas as with a single 80, but the advantage of a redundant system.

Some of us dive smaller cylinders to get into smaller passages.

New question . . .

My AN/DP instructor required redundant lift capability for class - I was diving SM HP100s and since I didn't have a drysuit at the time, a 50-lb lift bag was the on-hand solution.

So, here's the situation - my drysuit pretty much burps air past the neck / wrist seals in a heartbeat, due to my small wrists and slender neck. Could I really depend upon my drysuit as a redundant lift to my 60lb Nomad XT wing?

I'm thinking I should continue to take my lift bag on SM dives, dry or otherwise.

New question . . .

My AN/DP instructor required redundant lift capability for class - I was diving SM HP100s and since I didn't have a drysuit at the time, a 50-lb lift bag was the on-hand solution.

So, here's the situation - my drysuit pretty much burps air past the neck / wrist seals in a heartbeat, due to my small wrists and slender neck. Could I really depend upon my drysuit as a redundant lift to my 60lb Nomad XT wing?

I'm thinking I should continue to take my lift bag on SM dives, dry or otherwise.

I carry at least one lift bag on all OW dives, regardless of depth and whether I dive dry or not. Too many uses for me not to have one.

Try rolling your seals to prevent the burping.

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom