My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin - Jax has edited her original post which still remains quoted in my post. She can praise whatever instructor she wants but not while taking a shot at another instructor(s).

I'm done with this. Not going to muddy Brent's thread about sidemount.

Why is this necessary, Jax? You could have complimented Rob without slamming others. Bob is the first to always say he is never in perfect trim 100% of the time.

Don't let your recent Fundies class cloud judgment in the manner which you post.

It's a sad day when polite comparisons, compliments and demonstrations of skill merit a response like this.

I for one am glad to see recognition of the fact that you don't have to be GUE trained to be good at diving :) also, if Jax's GUE training were clouding her judgement, would n't she have claimed that the GUE instructor was better than Rob? You seem to be like a stroke around coral- a bit too touchy :wink: (no rudeness meant, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity for a pun. I seriously think this is just an issue of Internet posts not conveying tone or body language and thus being read differently than they were meant. It's an extremely common problem.)

Indeed - I did not think expressing kudos for Rob in comparing him to the GUE folks as slamming GUE. Yes, my original statement was "he looked even better" . . . Jesus, he was doing it while slinging tanks around. But never was it to reflect badly on Bob and Erroll - they were quite the epitome of everything one expects in a GUE instructor.

Kevin - Jax has edited her original post which still remains quoted in my post. She can praise whatever instructor she wants but not while taking a shot at another instructor(s).

I'm done with this. Not going to muddy Brent's thread about sidemount.

I hear ya Sam... I guess we can see it different.. I warned you about that koolaid,, that stuff is bad for ya :D

Reactions: Jax
I was going to stay out because of who was involved but can't.

Sam's posts have absolutely nothing to do with Kool Aid and everything to do with trying to prevent anybody from going out of their way to tarnish the reputation of a very well respected GUE Instructor. If she misinterpereted Jax's post then c'est la vie but to write her off as another GUE extremist on kool aid? No way.

I was going to stay out because of who was involved but can't.

Sam's posts have absolutely nothing to do with Kool Aid and everything to do with trying to prevent anybody from going out of their way to tarnish the reputation of a very well respected GUE Instructor. If she misinterpereted Jax's post then c'est la vie but to write her off as another GUE extremist on kool aid? No way.

I think Sam knows I am kidding with her. Comes from kidding with her when we met which you know nothing about.

I didn't read Jax's post as slamming anyone. As best I can tell, she's one of those people that goes out of her way to make everyone like her. And unlike a lot of people, I don't hear her talking that much badly about people behind their back. I could be wrong, I don't get involved in that two faced bull crap. It's like bad Internet trim. :wink:

Tens or hundreds of times a day, people misinterpet a post and take offense when none was meant. And then people get all bent out of shape, and assign way too much importance to the Internet.

Easy way to solve this:
Jax, was Rob a great instructor? Was your GUE instructor a great instructor? Problem of misinterpretation solved! :wink:

If I'm ever an instructor I hope that I get compliments like this!

I hope none of you misinterpret my posts. I try to be lighthearted and I make jokes that people take too seriously, I'm just trying to humorously point out that people are always trying to create drama when there just isn't any. :)

If you want biased, come to JB when GUE or the DIR crowd show up.
I don't really find this the case. The GUE/DIR guys I dive with are pretty open minded to change, but not eager to do it for no reason. Heck, we even dive side mount together when he dive requires it.

The last time I dove with GUE people, it was in side mount. You'll have to point me towards these biased divers you speak of. Most of my GUE trained buddies experiment with gear too, just not as haphazardly as the rest of the dive community seems to do it.

Gladly except you don't come up this way :mooner:. You were invited after all. You can't miss them, they have trailers and if you aren't in their style gear they will not talk to ya. If you will read my first post you will see I even said they don't represent them all.

Gladly except you don't come up this way :mooner:. You were invited after all. You can't miss them, they have trailers and if you aren't in their style gear they will not talk to ya. If you will read my first post you will see I even said they don't represent them all.
To be fair, I think it goes both ways. I know there are a few people who won't speak to me when I'm diving with friends who have GUE stickers on their vans, yet are friendly otherwise.

I think I'll be over to the Wacissa soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom