My venture into Sidemount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I was considering making a continuous bungee to run across the back, I saw it done somewhere and I think I may give that a try as well.
What happens if the bungee breaks? Holding one tank is doable I think...two?

Rob actually posted this on the cave diver's forum and it's something I'm playing with:

http://www.chipoladivers.com/images/stories/nomadmods006.jpg

It's very similar to what's done on the Armadillo. The line between the bungee and the D-Ring is for the retrieval of the bungee. Anything that gets the tanks ride higher helps - I've seen a lot of pictures/videos where the tanks ride way too low for my liking, so don't necessarily have faith in default setups. Higher tanks just trim better and have less drag. If you don't want to do the above for whatever reason, knotting the bungees directly to the d-ring will also put the valves a bit closer to your armpits than with the snapbolt, but I think the loop works better overall - most definitely worth a try.

Keeping your butt-plate connections short and properly positioned (by rotating the band around the tank and of course moving it back and forth) on the tank helps too: once you get your tanks in-line with your body, you'll find that if you get them wrong, the tanks will spread out/A-frame or again ride too low.

None of this is probably "critical" especially outside the cave, but it's nice to get as streamlined as possible.

What happens if the bungee breaks? Holding one tank is doable I think...two?

I think if you do that you should have clips on the necks for backup.

I would clip the top of the tank in on a d-ring, and have the bungee over the valve to keep the tanks in close, this would bring my tanks up further into my armpit, and also keep the tanks in close to my body. As of right now I am doing this more for deep dives, and not for the caves, I may decide to go for caves later on down the line, but right now I am not ready for that.

I got my rig, I got my rig, I got my rig!!! :bounce3:

I'm just waiting on the photos to upload.

The first thing we need to do is move the LP inflator hose to the proper location. When are you coming to Florida?? :D

Tomorrow!! . . . uh, ooops, no . . . that d***ed work thingy . . . Thanks, Rob! I'll take care of that immediately. :hugs:

Tomorrow!! . . . uh, ooops, no . . . that d***ed work thingy . . . Thanks, Rob! I'll take care of that immediately. :hugs:

Working on a Sunday?? Oh, wait, I'm working, too. :(

The first thing we need to do is move the LP inflator hose to the proper location. When are you coming to Florida?? :D

Swapped! Is the inflator hose routing up behind the waist belt and then in front, or below and parallel the waist belt?

Back
Top Bottom